What is VisualDx?
VisualDx is an award-winning diagnostic clinical decision support system designed to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety through medical imagery. They partner with medical professionals to attain the most accurate medical imagery that can be utilized for diagnosis and education.
In a post-COVID world, virtual education and telemedicine are vital as people continue to practice social distancing and work from home. VisualDx is the perfect tool to utilize in this difficult time, as users can match what patients show them on a webcam with symptoms through various images in the app.
VisualDx can help you and your program teach clinical reasoning skills, point-of-care information access, and how cognitive bias impacts accuracy and diagnosis.
How do you earn CME credits with VisualDx?
Every time you make a search on VisualDx, you earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. To start earning CME credits:
- Go to www.visualdx.com or launch the VisualDx app in either the iOS store or Google Play.
- Click on “Log In” in the top right corner.
- Sign in with your personal username and password.
- Use VisualDx to search diagnoses or build a differential. You will automatically accrue potential CME credits.
When you’re ready, follow the steps to complete, submit, and claim your credits from the app. You will be asked to specify the type of clinical inquiry and how the activity affected your knowledge or care. You can then view and print your CME Certificate from the CME Certificates page.
What topics does VisualDx cover?
VisualDx is known for its great clinical content, differential diagnosis building, and its unmatched medical image library. Its software is designed to help those in the following specialties:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Oral Medicine
Each image is tagged with searchable terms based on diagnosis, skin type, body location, and lesion type. The images represent the full spectrum of human disease across skin types, body location, morphologic variation, and other diagnostic features. VisualDx is also the best medical image resource for the representation of dark skin.
Benefits of VisualDx CME
Affordable VisualDx CME Gift Card Bundle
VisualDx offers a CME gift card bundle, where users can get a $250 Amazon gift card with purchase, making it a great choice to spend your CME allowance on. The 1-year bundle costs $650 and the 3-year bundle costs $1,560. If you also want to include their AI feature DermExpert™, the 1-year bundle costs $750 and the 3-year bundle costs $1,800. Additional features of this bundle include:
- World’s best curated medical image library including the leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, and drug reactions
- Custom patient-specific differential diagnosis builder
- Succinct therapy options, best tests, and management pearls for over 3,200 diagnoses.
- Patient handouts that can be printed or emailed
- Earn 1/2 Credit AMA PRA CAT 1 CME with every search
Easy to Use and Earn CME
VisualDx allows clinicians to earn CME credits every time they conduct a search through the application. Submit for completion to prove that you have earned AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and then you can proceed to view and print your CME certificate directly from the app.
Convenient Mobile App
With an app available on the iTunes Store and Google Play, you can use VisualDx on the go.
Smartphone Camera Integration (DermExpert™)
DermExpert™ is VisualDx’s add-on artificial intelligence feature where you can take a photo of the affected area of skin and have it analyzed and diagnosed in just a few steps. This add-on is available with their VisualDx + DermExpert bundle.
- Take a photo of the affected area from the app on your smartphone.
- DermExpert™ analyzes the photo.
- From the image results, confirm the lesion type.
- Answer a few additional questions to build a more accurate differential.
- Arrive at the correct diagnosis quickly based on the results.