Pathology Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following best describes the schematics depicted below?
- AMatrix assisted laser desorption absorption time of flight mass spectrometer
- BHigh performance liquid chromatography
- CMass spectrometer
- DNormal phase chromatography
- EX-ray absorption near edge structure
Pathology Board Review Sample Question 2
A 65-year-female presents to the emergency room with vaginal bleeding. She has a history of uterine cancer and is suffering from therapy-related AML. The patient is admitted and is found to be thrombocytopenic. Multiple platelet transfusions are administered, but the patient’s vaginal bleeding continues. The bleeding finally resolves when the patient is started on Amicar (aminocaproic acid). A transfusion medicine consult is ordered to determine if the patient is suffering from platelet refractoriness. The clinical team is instructed to obtain a platelet count one hour after she is transfused in order for you to calculate a Corrected Count Increment (CCI). If 4 x 1011 platelets are transfused while patient’s body surface area is 1.8 m2 and the increase in post-transfusion platelet count is 25,000/μL, then:
- AThe CCI is 7,000/ μL.
- BThe CCI is 9,000/μL.
- CThe CCI is 11,250/μL.
- DThe CCI is 20,000/μL.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
More than 900 Pathology board review questions with expansive explanations to prepare for the pathology board exam and in-service exams. All of the questions that BoardVitals provide are recent and have been written in the past several years. Questions include hundreds of high-quality images. All content is continually updated and we offer 400 AP questions. If you are looking for just AP or CP, please contact us.
- 900 board-style practice questions targeted to both the Anatomic Pathology Exam and the Clinical Pathology Exam
- Ability to create customized practice tests using many options including number or questions, subjects, and AP and/or CP questions
- Advanced statistics so you can know where your specific strengths and weaknesses are, along with suggested questions for each Pathology category based on your previously answered questions
- Detailed, up-to-date explanations with each answer, with references and links to applicable sources
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“BoardVitals (BV) was essential for my board preparation. I am not a great test taker, and in order for me to have passed my AP/CP boards, I needed to do a LOT of questions, which is hard to come by (especially for CP). Not only was there a plethora of questions, they were all generally well-written and in the style of the actual boards. The material covered in BV was broad yet helpful in how I should focus my studies. Furthermore, the questions were confidence-boosting in that I actually knew more than what I thought; it was nice to know that I was comparable to my peers—and you will likely feel the same way. Lastly, I got quick and thorough feedback regarding any questions or issues I had about any questions I came across. In summary, BV is a gem that I am thankful for discovering.
Aaron D. Shmookler, MD