Pathology Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following best describes the schematics depicted below?
- AMatrix assisted laser desorption absorption time of flight mass spectrometer
- BHigh performance liquid chromatography
- CMass spectrometer
- DNormal phase chromatography
- EX-ray absorption near edge structure
Pathology Board Review Sample Question 2
A 65-year-female presents to the emergency room with vaginal bleeding. She has a history of uterine cancer and is suffering from therapy-related AML. The patient is admitted and is found to be thrombocytopenic. Multiple platelet transfusions are administered, but the patient’s vaginal bleeding continues. The bleeding finally resolves when the patient is started on Amicar (aminocaproic acid). A transfusion medicine consult is ordered to determine if the patient is suffering from platelet refractoriness. The clinical team is instructed to obtain a platelet count one hour after she is transfused in order for you to calculate a Corrected Count Increment (CCI). If 4 x 1011 platelets are transfused while patient’s body surface area is 1.8 m2 and the increase in post-transfusion platelet count is 25,000/μL, then:
- AThe CCI is 7,000/ μL.
- BThe CCI is 9,000/μL.
- CThe CCI is 11,250/μL.
- DThe CCI is 20,000/μL.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Pathology CME Pro Plus offers more than 950+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Pathology board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Pathology topics including Microbiology, Chemical Pathology, and Blood Banking. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or American Express gift card and earn 60 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 60 SAM Credits with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or American Express gift card with purchase
- 60 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 60 SAM Credits
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 950+ up-to-date Pathology board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Pathology board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“BoardVitals (BV) was essential for my board preparation. I am not a great test taker, and in order for me to have passed my AP/CP boards, I needed to do a LOT of questions, which is hard to come by (especially for CP). Not only was there a plethora of questions, they were all generally well-written and in the style of the actual boards. The material covered in BV was broad yet helpful in how I should focus my studies. Furthermore, the questions were confidence-boosting in that I actually knew more than what I thought; it was nice to know that I was comparable to my peers—and you will likely feel the same way. Lastly, I got quick and thorough feedback regarding any questions or issues I had about any questions I came across. In summary, BV is a gem that I am thankful for discovering.
Aaron D. Shmookler, MD