Psychiatry MOC Sample Question 1
A 68-year-old woman presents with confusion and a history of chronic alcohol abuse in the ED. On exam, she is tachycardic and hypothermic and has an ataxic gait with foot weakness and foot drop. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- AWernicke's encephalopathy
- BKorsakoff's syndrome
- CAlcoholic hallucinosis
- DDelirium tremens
- EAlcohol intoxication
Psychiatry MOC Sample Question 2
A physician is treating a 7-year-old child for enuresis after excluding all possible organic causes. His mother recognizes the medication because she once took it for depression. Which of the following neurotransmitters does this medication and others in its class act upon?
- ADopamine and norepinephrine
- BSerotonin and norepinephrine
- CGlutamate and GABA
- ENeuropeptide S
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Study with over 1200 Psychiatry multiple choice questions, answers, and explanations that are targeted to the ABPN Psychiatry MOC certification exam. Updated for 2017! The actual MOC certification exams will use DSM 5 classifications per ABPN beginning Jan 1, 2017. Accordingly, our practice exams follow the appropriate classifications and diagnostic criteria for the updated ABPN psychiatry recertification exam.
- Average percent correct on most of our questions, so you can compare performance on the exam
- Available on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones
- Answers and detailed explanations available on every Psychiatry MOC question
- Includes the Neurology component found on the MOC exam
- Optional Add-On: Earn up to 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 40 ABPN MOC/SA points simultaneously
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“I used BoardVitals for the Adult/General Psychiatric Board MOC exams and found it extremely helpful in identifying areas in which I needed review while reinforcing what I knew. The explanations were clear, succinct, and to the point. Customer service is beyond excellent.”
John Giannone, MD