After completing the Comprehensive Review of Blood Banking, you should be better able to:
• Describe the blood components obtained and processed at blood center collection facilities
• Recognize the clinically significant blood groups and how to test for their presence (group, typing, antibody screen, antibody identification)
• Identify the many adverse reactions that can occur with blood transfusion
• Apply guidelines for transfusion of the products using evidence-based criteria
• Discuss blood components, how they are collected, processed and used appropriately
• Apply the most updated knowledge and molecular techniques in daily practice
Topics covered in Comprehensive Review of Blood Banking include: blood banking, blood components, blood groups, typing, antibody screen, antibody identification, adverse reactions, blood transfusion, molecular techniques and many others.
Target Audience: Pathology residents, cytopathology
- Cost: $795 - $895
- Credit hours: 13
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video
- Material last updated: August 1, 2015
- Expiration of CME credit: August 1st, 2018
- Blood Banking CME
Blood Banking CME
Find top Blood Banking CME courses that include the most convenient, interactive, and fastest activities from leading medical education providers. Learn about Blood Banking with these comprehensive activities covering key topics such as blood transfusions and antibody identification all while earning CME credits. These Blood Banking CME activities allow physicians focusing on Transfusion Medicine to quickly and easily meet the American Board of Pathology requirements of 70 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ every 2 years.