General Surgery Board Review Sample Question 1
A 55-year-old man presents with vague abdominal pain and is found to have a retroperitoneal indiscrete mass that is suspicious for retroperitoneal (RP) fibrosis. Which of the following is the most accurate statement regarding RP fibrosis?
- AMore common in women
- BStrong association with methysergide
- CBilateral ureteral encasement occurs in 5% of cases
- D5 year survival is 50%
- ESurgical excision is the mainstay therapy
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Surgery CME Pro Plus offers more than 1000+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your General Surgery board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Surgery topics including Surgical Critical Care, Transplantation, and Trauma. Also, get up to a bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card and earn 60 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 60 MOC Points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card with purchase
- 60 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 60 MOC Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 1,000+ up-to-date Surgery board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for General Surgery board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet, or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“I absolutely love BoardVitals. It's ideal for board test prep, and recommend it to anyone who is preparing for their exams”
Dr. Cho, Yale University School of Medicine