Dermatology Board Review Sample Question 1
A 43-year-old Mexican American immigrant presents with anesthetic lesions as shown in the image below. A diagnosis of Hansen’s Disease (Leprosy) is suspected. Which of the following Ridley-Jopling classification category is NOT matched with its correct characteristics?
- ATuberculoid (TT) – Erythema Nodosum Leprosum
- BBorderline Tuberculoid (BT) - Lesions are anhidrotic and lack sensation
- CBorderline (BB) – Most common form of Leprosy
- DBorderline Lepromatous (BL) – TH2 cytokine response is more characteristic
- ELepromatous (LL) – Generalized symmetrical appearance of lesions
Dermatology Board Review Sample Question 2
This infant was referred by her pediatrician for the skin lesions below. Which of the following is incorrect?
- ASkin barrier defects causes higher transepidermal water loss
- BInfants with severe, refractory disease may have an overlying food allergy component
- CAcute and chronic phases are Th2 predominant
- DNearly 80% of patients with infantile AD with develop allergic rhinitis or asthma later in life
- ENone of the above. All are true statements
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Dermatology CME Pro Plus offers more than 950 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Dermatology board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Dermatology topics including Pharmacology, Infectious Disease, and General Dermatology. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or American Express gift card and earn 70 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or American Express gift card with purchase
- 70 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 950+ up-to-date Dermatology board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Dermatology board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“BoardVitals offers an excellent set of Dermatology Board Review Questions… this question bank has the images, questions, and explanations that together make for an Excellent Dermatology Practice Exa”
Tamara Lazic, MD, Attending, Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai