Dermatology Board Review Sample Question 1
A 43-year-old Mexican American immigrant presents with anesthetic lesions as shown in the image below. A diagnosis of Hansen’s Disease (Leprosy) is suspected. Which of the following Ridley-Jopling classification category is NOT matched with its correct characteristics?
- ATuberculoid (TT) – Erythema Nodosum Leprosum
- BBorderline Tuberculoid (BT) - Lesions are anhidrotic and lack sensation
- CBorderline (BB) – Most common form of Leprosy
- DBorderline Lepromatous (BL) – TH2 cytokine response is more characteristic
- ELepromatous (LL) – Generalized symmetrical appearance of lesions
Dermatology Board Review Sample Question 2
This infant was referred by her pediatrician for the skin lesions below. Which of the following is incorrect?
- ASkin barrier defects causes higher transepidermal water loss
- BInfants with severe, refractory disease may have an overlying food allergy component
- CAcute and chronic phases are Th2 predominant
- DNearly 80% of patients with infantile AD with develop allergic rhinitis or asthma later in life
- ENone of the above. All are true statements
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals offers more than 1000 Dermatology board review questions targeted to the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) Certifying Examination. Our Dermatology question bank is specifically designed around difficult questions, with detailed explanations around the correct answer.
- 1000+ challenging Dermatology board review questions
- Timed Mode as well as a Review Mode to simulate real exam conditions
- 100% Pass Guaranteed
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“BoardVitals offers an excellent set of Dermatology Board Review Questions… this question bank has the images, questions, and explanations that together make for an Excellent Dermatology Practice Exa”
Tamara Lazic, MD, Attending, Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai