Psychiatry Shelf Exam Sample Question 1
Select the true statement regarding the diagnosis of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in DSM-5 as compared to DSM-IV-TR:
- ADSM-IV-TR had 14 symptoms of ADHD, but DSM-5 added 4 more symptoms to make a total of 18 in DSM-5.
- BPresentation specifiers have been replaced with presentation subtypes.
- CThe onset criterion has been changed from symptoms presenting before age 7-years-old to 12-years-old for the diagnosis in children.
- DFor adults, the cutoff for ADHD is 4 symptoms instead of 6.
- EA comorbid diagnosis of ADHD with Autism Spectrum Disorder is still prohibited.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Psychiatry Shelf Question Bank and training for the Psychiatry clerkship rotation. Questions are targeted to the NBME Psychiatry Subject Exam, or “shelf exams” as they are colloquially referred to. Included are Psychiatry multiple choice questions (MCQ), vignettes, and long-form questions. Each question includes an explanation.
- 800 Psychiatry Shelf Exam Questions & Answers
- Individualized Content Recommendations
- Score comparisons to other students
- Study on the go from any smartphone, tablet, or desktop
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“This Q-bank is awesome. When I used this bank for the first time, I said to myself 'oh wow' because I was missing little bits and pieces which I filled in with BoardVitals. These questions are hard but very similar to questions on NBME exams. I would strongly recommend BoardVitals for everyone who is studying for Step 1, 2, 3 and shelf exams. I used this bank for Step 1, and right now I'm using it for Step 2 and for my upcoming Internal Medicine shelf exam.”
Nadia Badar, Medical Student