Long-Term Care CME
1 - 3 of 3 results
- SAVE 30% W/ CODE SAVINGS30FEATURED
This clinically based Geriatric and Palliative Medicine CME course will provide physicians with a broad coverage of fundamental topics, current trends, and treatments in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Update in Dementia
- Prognostication of Chronic Disease
- Geriatrics and Palliative Care in the Nursing Home
- Nutrition/Hydration in Serious Illness
- Perioperative Management
- Palliative Care in Heart Failure
Afrer completing this course, physicians will better be able to
- Recognize and effectively manage the major geriatric syndromes
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of novel therapies for older adults
- Assess and manage pain and non-pain issues
- Prepare for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams
- Evaluate and guide medical interventions to improve patient quality of life
- Prepare for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams See full details chevron_right
- Cost: $1195
- Credit hours: 87
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video, Online Audio, Audio CD
- Material last updated: December 15, 2018
- Expiration of CME credit: December 15, 2021
Developed by TMCI Global and the Society of Cannabis Clinicians (SCC), the Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum is the first comprehensive, online CME-certified curriculum designed to educate the practicing clinician on both the research and clinical practice aspects of the therapeutic use of cannabis.
While reviewing Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum, you will learn:
• The fundamentals of the Endocannabinoid System
• The use of cannabis in a clinical setting
• The delivery and dosage of medical cannabis
• Mental health and the psychiatric application of medical cannabis
Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum includes a bonus module on Cannabinoid Chemistry authored by Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, a professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel and leading authority on Medical Cannabis science.
Target Audience:See full details chevron_right
All healthcare practitioners; the curriculum was designed to educate the practicing clinician on both the research and clinical practice aspects of the therapeutic use of cannabis.
- Cost: $399
- Credit hours: 13
- CME credits awarded by: Postgraduate Institute of Medicine
- Format: On-Demand Online
An Introduction to the Practice of Palliative Medicine will help you to:
• Utilize therapies intended to reduce or relieve distressing symptoms;
• Communicate better, including using active listening and shared decision-making;
• Coordinate care with health and spiritual professionals;
• Manage and support patients and family members experiencing death and bereavement; and
• Apply important ethical principles to patient care.
Meets Special CME Requirements in California, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Rhode Island, and Texas.
Target Audience: Physicians focusing on Palliative CareSee full details chevron_right
- Cost: $25 per credit
- Credit hours: 1
- CME credits awarded by: University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center
- Format: On-Demand Online