Internal Medicine Board Review Sample Question 1
A 24-year-old patient presents by referral from the emergency department (ED) for evaluation of shortness of breath. On review of the ED records, the patient has presented frequently over the past 4 months with shortness of breath, mild respiratory distress, mild wheezing, and intermittent stridor. Oxygen saturations were normal at each presentation. Empiric treatment with albuterol and intramuscular epinephrine did not alleviate the symptoms. The symptoms subsided spontaneously each time. The past medical history is unremarkable, and the patient is taking no medications. Currently, the physical examination and vital signs are normal. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
- AReactive airways disease
- BParadoxical vocal cord motion
- EChronic rhinosinusitis
Internal Medicine Board Review Sample Question 2
Which of the following is true of DDAVP (desmopressin)?
- AIt is an analog of vasopressin and can cause hypernatremia.
- BIt should not be given chronically to prevent bleeding in patients with moderate von Willebrand disease (vWD).
- CIt does not have efficacy in several mild platelet disorders, such as storage pool defect.
- DIt can be used in all causes of vWD.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Get ready to pass the Internal Medicine Board Certification Exam with BoardVitals’ Internal Medicine question bank. Access more than 900 practice questions targeted to both Internal Medicine Certification Exams from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM). Each question is accompanied by detailed answers and explanations by top practitioners.
- 900+ Internal Medicine Board Review Questions targeted to the Internal Medicine Certification Exams (ABIM and AOBIM)
- Challenging Internal Medicine Board Review Questions with images in a testing environment similar to the boards
- Statistics and dashboards help you focus on the areas where you need the most training
- The platform suggests the next best questions for you to answer based on prior performance
- Access 24/7 from any smartphone, tablet, or computer
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“I like your question bank a lot. I'm studying for my internal medicine boards and have been through MSKAP and was looking for a second wind. Your set is great!”
Chris L, MD