Internal Medicine Board Review Sample Question 1
A 24-year-old patient presents by referral from the emergency department (ED) for evaluation of shortness of breath. On review of the ED records, the patient has presented frequently over the past 4 months with shortness of breath, mild respiratory distress, mild wheezing, and intermittent stridor. Oxygen saturations were normal at each presentation. Empiric treatment with albuterol and intramuscular epinephrine did not alleviate the symptoms. The symptoms subsided spontaneously each time. The past medical history is unremarkable, and the patient is taking no medications. Currently, the physical examination and vital signs are normal. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
- AReactive airways disease
- BParadoxical vocal cord motion
- EChronic rhinosinusitis
Internal Medicine Board Review Sample Question 2
Which of the following is true of DDAVP (desmopressin)?
- AIt is an analog of vasopressin and can cause hypernatremia.
- BIt should not be given chronically to prevent bleeding in patients with moderate von Willebrand disease (vWD).
- CIt does not have efficacy in several mild platelet disorders, such as storage pool defect.
- DIt can be used in all causes of vWD.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Internal Medicine CME Pro Plus offers more than 1,200 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your ABIM board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Internal Medicine topics including General Medicine, Neurology, and Oncology. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 40 ABIM MOC points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 40 ABIM MOC Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 1,200+ up-to-date Internal Medicine board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Internal Medicine Board exams.
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go.
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“I like your question bank a lot. I'm studying for my internal medicine boards and have been through MSKAP and was looking for a second wind. Your set is great!”
Chris L, MD