BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Surgery Self-Assessment Activity with FREE $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card
Complete your CME and MOC Requirements Online with the BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Surgery Self-Assessment Activity with Free $1,000 Amazon or Apple gift card. Answer board-style questions and cases related to your specialty and earn credits fast!
Key features of the BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Self-Assessment Activity include:
• Thousands of board-style questions and cases with evidence based explanations for review
• Aligned with the MOC / Recertification exam content for each specialty board
• Answer questions to earn credits and correct wrong answers as you go
• Earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and MOC credits (varies by specialty)
• 12 month access + $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card (your choice!)
Target Audience: Surgeons
- Cost: $1,999
- Credit hours: 60
- CME credits awarded by: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Format: On-Demand Online
- Material last updated: Continuously Updated
Topics covered in the General Surgery CME Online Bundle include:
Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, Surgical Endoscopy, Bariatric Surgery, Fluids and Electrolytes, Operating Room Safety, Vascular Diseases, Diseases of the Breast , Burns, Laparoscopic Surgery, Hepato-Biliary Disease, Transplantation, Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy, Organ Trauma and many others.
The General Surgery CME Online Bundle features:
• From CMEinfo – General Surgery Board Review, directed by Warren D. Widmann, MD, FACS, and Brian Jacob, MD, FACS, and Acute Care Surgery, directed by John A. Weigelt, MD, DVM, FACS
• From Practical Reviews – A one-year, all-access subscription
• A $500 Amazon.com gift card
• Unbiased content to help you prep for the boards and stay current without the need for travel or time away from your practice, PLUS a bonus study pearls book
• Instant online access to key clinical updates to improve overall patient care
ORDER NOW AND GET A $500 Amazon GIFT CARD. Use coupon code GCGS500.
Target Audience: General Surgeons
- Cost: $2,495
- Credit hours: 48
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video, Online Audio, Mobile App
- Material last updated: December 15, 2018
- Expiration of CME credit: May 31, 2019
- Surgery MOC Requirements and Courses
Surgery MOC Requirements and Courses
What are the American Board of Surgery MOC Requirements?
The American Board of Surgery (ABS) requires surgeons to earn at least 150 Category 1 CME credits every 5 years. At least 50 of these credits must come from a self-assessment, which the ABS describes as a “question-and-answer exercise that assesses your understanding of the material in the CME program”. In addition, you must also score a 75% on this self-assessment.
Once you pass your first new general surgery self-assessment, the requirement changes to 125 CME credits with no self-assessment required.
In addition to earning CME credits, physicians are required to pass the ABS recertification exam or the new assessment prior to their certification expires. The board released the new assessment for General Surgery in 2018 and will be releasing similar assessments for vascular surgery, pediatric surgery, and surgical critical care in 2019 to eventually replace the traditional recertification exam. Surgeons can still take the traditional exam in 2018 to maintain their certification, but they will also eventually have to begin the new assessment process by 2020.
Purpose of Surgery MOC
The ABS views maintenance of certification as a surgeon’s “ongoing commitment to professionalism, lifelong learning, and practice improvement following initial board certification”. The process is designed to ensure surgeons stay up to date with best practices in their primary area of focus. This will ideally help improve surgery success rates and overall patient satisfaction.
What is the American Board of Surgery MOC Exam Dates?
There are multiple dates Surgeons can take the new assessment or traditional MOC exam for general surgery. The exam dates and registration deadlines are outlined below.
General Surgery New Assessment
- Registration Deadline: Aug. 1 – Oct. 15, 2018
- Exam Dates: Sept. 7, 2018 – Nov. 5, 2018
General Surgery Recertification Exam
- Registration Deadline: Aug. 1 – Oct. 15, 2018
- Nov. 26 – Dec. 10, 2018
How to Successfully Complete the American Board of Surgery MOC Requirements
Many surgeons are increasingly turning to online surgery CME courses to meet their MOC requirements. More specifically, many surgeons look to use their CME allowance on CME gift card offers that offer enough CME credits to meet their annual requirements, help prepare for the MOC exams, and offer a free Amazon or Apple gift card. Two of the most popular options that fit these criteria are the BoardVItals Surgery CME Pro Plus Bundle and Oakstone’s General Surgery CME Online Bundle. Both of these programs offer a complimentary gift card and 60 and 45 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM respectively.
Check out the listings below for more information on these offers.