Preventive Medicine MOC Sample Question 1
Which statement is true regarding yellow fever?
- ATravelers who received yellow fever vaccination should avoid an immunocompromised family member.
- BYellow fever vaccine has been shown to cause birth defects and should not be given to pregnant women.
- CYellow fever vaccination booster is recommended every 10 years for those who still travel frequently to South America and Africa.
- DYellow fever is caused by a tick bite, but those with the vaccine do not need to be concerned if they are bitten.
Preventive Medicine MOC Sample Question 2
A 68-year-old female presents for routine preventive care. She has a history of osteoarthritis and hypertension and takes acetaminophen and lisinopril. She has not had a previous fracture. Family history is significant for hypertension and coronary heart disease in her father and hypertension in her mother. The patient does not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. She exercises once or twice a week by walking in the local mall. Her BMI is 20kg/m2. She was screened at age 65 and did not have evidence of osteoporosis. Which of the following is correct concerning this patient?
- AUSPSTF recommends repeat screening in 2 years for patients with a higher risk of fracture than a 65-year-old female with no risk fractures.
- B10-year risk of fracture for a 65-year-old white woman with no other risk factors is 5%.
- CRepeat screening is more reliably predictive of fracture risk than 1-time screening.
- DUSPSTF recommends screening for osteoporosis at 10-year intervals after a negative screen
- EUSPSTF does not make a recommendation for repeat or interval screening for osteoporosis.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Preventive Medicine CME Pro Plus offers more than 550+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Preventive Medicine board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Preventive Medicine topics including Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Clinical Preventive Medicine, and Behavior and Mental HealthGet up to a bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card and earn 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 40 ABPM LLSA Credits with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card with purchase
- 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 40 ABPM LLSA Credits
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 550+ up-to-date Preventive Medicine board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations to help prepare for Preventive Medicine board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“There are very few sources of practice questions for the preventive medicine board exam, so this is a big asset to anyone studying for the test. This question bank is up-to-date and covers all the topics that are most likely to be tested on the real exam. The questions really mirror the length and format of the items on the actual test. A highly recommended resource for preventive medicine trainees and those doing MOC! ”
MD Certified in Preventive Medicine,