Pediatrics MOC Sample Question 1
Which of the following regimens is most recommended for treatment of varicella-zoster virus in a 12-year old pediatric patient who is immunocompromised and has had a vesicular rash for the past 2 days?
- AIntravenous acyclovir
- BVaricella zoster immunoglobulin
- CIntravenous valacyclovir
- DAcyclovir and varicella zoster immune globulin
Pediatrics MOC Sample Question 2
A 14-year-old girl presents to your ER with fever since yesterday to 39.1, headache, and complaints that her neck is stiff. She has gotten her meningococcal vaccine, and otherwise, her vaccinations are up to date. On physical exam, her neurological exam is significant for slight nuchal rigidity, and her eye exam shows normal discs, and she has a normal CT. You feel that she has meningitis and decide to tap. Which of the following would you expect with aseptic meningitis?
- ADecreased glucose (<40), increased WBCs in fluid
- BCSF protein >150
- CCSF WBC count of >1200
- DRBCs of at least 1000/hpf
- EIncreased lymphocytes in CSF sample
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Pediatrics CME Pro Plus offers more than 1,400+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Pediatrics board exams stay up-to-date on relevant Pediatrics topics including Infectious Disease, Emergency and Critical Care, and Gastroenterology. Also, get up to a bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card and earn 45 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 45 ABP MOC Points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card with purchase
- 45 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 45 ABP MOC Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 1,400+ up-to-date Pediatrics board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Pediatrics board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“I used your questions and easily passed my pediatric recertification exam. ”
Susie Beris, MD