Pediatrics MOC Sample Question 1
Which of the following regimens is most recommended for treatment of varicella-zoster virus in a 12-year old pediatric patient who is immunocompromised and has had a vesicular rash for the past 2 days?
- AIntravenous acyclovir
- BVaricella zoster immunoglobulin
- CIntravenous valacyclovir
- DAcyclovir and varicella zoster immune globulin
Pediatrics MOC Sample Question 2
A 14-year-old girl presents to your ER with fever since yesterday to 39.1, headache, and complaints that her neck is stiff. She has gotten her meningococcal vaccine, and otherwise, her vaccinations are up to date. On physical exam, her neurological exam is significant for slight nuchal rigidity, and her eye exam shows normal discs, and she has a normal CT. You feel that she has meningitis and decide to tap. Which of the following would you expect with aseptic meningitis?
- ADecreased glucose (<40), increased WBCs in fluid
- BCSF protein >150
- CCSF WBC count of >1200
- DRBCs of at least 1000/hpf
- EIncreased lymphocytes in CSF sample
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals has over 1400 Pediatric MOC Recertification questions targeted to Part 3 (Cognitive Expertise – Secure Exam) of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) MOC Four-Part Structure. Each question is accompanied by an answer and detailed explanation, as well as an indicator of the percentage of Pediatricians who answered the question correctly. Like the Pediatric MOC exam itself, the BoardVitals question bank is focused on clinical knowledge.
- Pediatric practice tests in review mode or timed mode
- Individually suggested content based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Each question is reviewed and rated by other Pediatricians
- Optional Add-On: Earn up to 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 30 ABP MOC Points simultaneously
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“I used your questions and easily passed my pediatric recertification exam. ”
Susie Beris, MD