Topics covered by Perioperative Management include:
Perioperative Stress Response, Cardiac Risk Assessment, Myocardial Ischemia, Preoperative Evaluation, Anti-Platelet Therapy, Bleeding and Transfusion, Pulmonary Hypertension and many more.
After completing Perioperative Management, you will be better able to:
• Describe current guidelines for preoperative cardiac and pulmonary risk assessment and list several ways to predict and prevent cardiac and pulmonary complications using preoperative testing, and intraoperative and postoperative interventions.
• Describe bleeding and thrombotic risks in surgical patients and list several strategies to reduce complications through evidence-based use of blood conservation methods, transfusion, anti-fibrinolytic agents and management of antithrombotic drug therapies.
• Describe the perioperative complications associated with diabetes, renal insufficiency, hepatic dysfunction, delirium, and frailty, and list management strategies to optimize outcomes in patients with these medical conditions.
• Recognize how to prevent, diagnose, and treat common healthcare associated infections that complicate surgical procedures.
Anesthesiologists, internal medicine specialists, hospitalists, surgeons, family practitioners, nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Cost: $795 - $1,295
- Credit hours: 18
- CME credits awarded by: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video, Online Audio, Audio CD
- Material last updated: May 1, 2017
- Expiration of CME credit: April 30, 2020