NEJM Knowledge+ CME Courses
1 - 1 of 1 results
The NEJM Knowledge+ Pain Management and Opioids CME course has been used by more than 25,000 clinicians in the past year and has received overwhelming positive reviews. This CME course is available free of charge through an unrestricted educational grant and contains sixty-two questions that are curated into 8 top areas. Earn up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and other CE credits depending on your unique needs.
Clinicians who need to meet state licensing board requirements. Including physicians, dentists, optometrists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, podiatrists, psychiatrists, and other health care providers.
- Choose the most appropriate pain-management strategy for an individual patient.
- Recognize the scenarios in which opioid analgesia is and is not appropriate.
- Recall the importance of routinely assessing pain, function, and adverse effects in patient taking chronic opioid therapy.
- Identify signs of opioid misuse and opioid use disorder.
- Choose the most appropriate strategy for tapering or discontinuing opioid analgesics when necessary.
- Choose the most appropriate intervention when opioid use disorder is suspected.
- Cost: Free
- Credit hours: 10
- CME credits awarded by: Massachusetts Medical Society
- Format: Online, On Demand
- Material last updated: 07/16/2019
- Expiration of CME credit: 07/16/2022