Gastroenterology Board Review Sample Question 1
A 60-year-old female with chronic hepatitis C and cirrhosis presents initial onset of abdominal distension accompanied by abdominal pain. Exam reveals tense ascites. Which of the following is indicated for treatment?
- ADiagnostic paracentesis
- BNorfloxacin 400 mg BID
- CMidodrine 12.5 mg TID
- DLarge volume therapeutic and diagnostic paracentesis
- ESpironolactone 100 mg q d and furosemide 40 mg q d
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Gastroenterology CME Pro Plus offers more than 650 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Gastroenterology board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Gastroenterology topics including Nutrition, Pancreas, and Liver. Also, get up to a bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card and earn 35 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 35 ABIM MOC points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card with purchase
- 35 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 35 ABIM MOC Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 650+ up-to-date Gastroenterology board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Gastroenterology board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“I used the online BoardVitals and found that the 600+ questions for my specialty were pretty comprehensive with answers to each question and a convenient monitoring of my progress. I could choose as short or long a test as desired and then review missed questions to hone areas requiring more review. It is also quite affordable and perhaps most importantly really preps you for test-taking skills.”
Steven Taylor, MD