Orthopedic Surgery Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following receptors is involved in the constipating and respiratory depressant effects of opioids?
Orthopedic Surgery Board Review Sample Question 2
A 6-year-old male presents for a pre-participation physical for T-ball. He has no significant medical history, and his family history is unremarkable. He is at the 50th percentile for height and weight. Vision is intact. There is no strabismus or amblyopia. Extraocular muscles and visual fields are intact. Lungs are clear. A cardiovascular exam is normal. Muscle tone is symmetric. He does not have evidence of an inguinal hernia or testicular mass, and his testes are descended bilaterally. His gait is normal, and his strength and muscle tone are symmetric. His mother is concerned about his participation in sports and asks you many questions. Which of the following is true?
- APhysical exam is more sensitive than personal and family history of a candidate at pre-participation physical.
- BFamily history of musculoskeletal disease is the most critical determinant of future morbidity or mortality.
- CPre-participation physical is highly effective in determining risk of sudden death in athletes.
- DChildren should be screened routinely with 12-lead ECG to rule out long-QT syndrome.
- EAmerican College of Sports Medicine does not recommend routine exercise stress-testing in children starting a vigorous exercise program.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Get ready to pass the Orthopedic Surgery board exam with BoardVitals. Gain access to 500 orthopedic surgery board review questions with detailed explanations to prepare for exam day. This online question bank is targeted to both the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) and American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS) Written Certification Exams.
- 500 Orthopedic Surgery board review questions developed by top Orthopedic Surgeons
- Customize your practice by category to target weaknesses
- 24/7 access from any computer, tablet or smartphone
- 100% Pass Guarantee
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“Your question bank has been so helpful for me. I can't thank you enough!”
W. Cipriani, MD