Orthopedic Surgery Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following receptors is involved in the constipating and respiratory depressant effects of opioids?
Orthopedic Surgery Board Review Sample Question 2
A 6-year-old male presents for a pre-participation physical for T-ball. He has no significant medical history, and his family history is unremarkable. He is at the 50th percentile for height and weight. Vision is intact. There is no strabismus or amblyopia. Extraocular muscles and visual fields are intact. Lungs are clear. A cardiovascular exam is normal. Muscle tone is symmetric. He does not have evidence of an inguinal hernia or testicular mass, and his testes are descended bilaterally. His gait is normal, and his strength and muscle tone are symmetric. His mother is concerned about his participation in sports and asks you many questions. Which of the following is true?
- APhysical exam is more sensitive than personal and family history of a candidate at pre-participation physical.
- BFamily history of musculoskeletal disease is the most critical determinant of future morbidity or mortality.
- CPre-participation physical is highly effective in determining risk of sudden death in athletes.
- DChildren should be screened routinely with 12-lead ECG to rule out long-QT syndrome.
- EAmerican College of Sports Medicine does not recommend routine exercise stress-testing in children starting a vigorous exercise program.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Orthopedic Surgery CME Pro Plus offers more than 500+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you stay up-to-date on relevant Orthopedic Surgery topics including Sports Medicine, Basic Science, and Rehabilitation. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 54 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 54 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 500+ up-to-date Orthopedic Surgery board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“Your question bank has been so helpful for me. I can't thank you enough!”
W. Cipriani, MD