BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Psychiatry Self-Assessment Activity with FREE $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card
Complete your CME and MOC requirements online with BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Self-Assessment Psychiatry Activity with free $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card. Answer board-style questions and cases related to your specialty and earn credits fast!
Key features of the BoardVitals Online CME + MOC Child Psychiatry Self-Assessment Activity include:
• Thousands of board-style questions and cases with evidence based explanations for review
• Aligned with the MOC / Recertification exam content for each specialty board
• Answer questions to earn credits and correct wrong answers as you go
• Earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and MOC credits (varies by specialty)
• 12 month access + $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card (your choice!)
Target Audience: Psychiatrists
- Cost: $1,999
- Credit hours: 40
- CME credits awarded by: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Format: On-Demand Online
- Material last updated: Continuously Updated
Quick to learn and easy to use, CMEinfo Insider gives you instant access to CMEInfo’s entire collection of specialty-based educational resources that you can view on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
• View activities and progress on content you have selected, as well as relevant primary specialty recommendations from our Medical Contributors.
• Get regular updates on hot topics in the Med Minute spotlight.
• Manage your courses and AMA PRA Category 1 Credits all in one convenient location.
• Create instant certificates by date, specialty and credit category for all your completed CME activities.
Target Audience: Psychiatrists.
- Cost: $1,799 - $2,999
- Credit hours: Unlimited
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video, Online Audio
- Material last updated: Continuously Updated
- Psychiatry MOC Requirements and Courses
Psychiatry MOC Requirements and Courses
What are the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) MOC Requirements?
The American Board of American Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) has different recertification requirements depending on when you initially received your board certification.
Psychiatrists who received a limited certification before 2012 fall into the 10 Year MOC program. As part of this program, you have to earn 300 Category 1 CME Credits, 24 Self-Assessment (SA) CME credits, and one Improvement in Medical Practice (PIP) Unit during each 10 year recertification period. After completing these requirements, they must also pass the 10-year ABPN MOC recertification exam.
Psychiatrists who passed the initial certification or MOC exam after 2012 are part of the C-MOC program. Members of this program must meet specific requirements every 3 years to maintain their board certification. These requirements include 90 Category 1 CME credits, 24 Self-Assessment (SA) CME credits, one patient safety activity, and one Improvement in Medical Practice (PIP) Unit. Like the 10-year MOC program, psychiatrists in the C-MOC program must also pass the ABPN MOC exam every 10 years.
The Purpose of Psychiatry MOC
According to the ABPN, the purpose of the MOC program is to “ensure that diplomates adhere to the highest standards in medicine and pursue excellence in all areas of care and practice improvement”. The program intends for psychiatrists to improve on their weaknesses which will, in turn, lead to improved patient care. The self-assessment courses and CME activities that are needed to meet MOC requirements should address areas you need to strengthen and fill in any gaps of knowledge you may have around key psychiatry topics.
What is the Psychiatry MOC Exam Dates?
There are multiple dates psychiatrists can take the Psychiatry MOC exam. See exam dates and registration deadlines below.
- Fall 2018
- Exam dates: Oct 29-Nov 2, 2018
- Registration deadline: July 31, 2018
- Winter 2019
- Exam dates: February 4-8, 2019
- Registration deadline: November 21, 2018
- Summer 2019
- Exam dates: August 19-23, 2019
- Registration Deadline: June 5, 2019
How to Successfully Complete Psychiatry MOC Requirements
While there are many options for meeting Psychiatry MOC requirements such as live CME conferences, online CME gift card bundles are becoming an increasingly popular choice. These bundles are popular amongst psychiatrists because they usually offer enough CME credits to meet annual CME requirements and give them an opportunity to earn a free gift card, often to Amazon.com or Apple products. In addition, these courses are valuable because the content is constantly updated and tends to closely match the content on the recertification exams.
Two of the most popular online Psychiatry CME gift card offers are the BoardVitals Psychiatry CME Pro Plus Bundle with $1,000 Amazon or Apple Gift Card and Oakstone’s Psychiatry CMEinfo Insider with up to $1,5000 Amazon gift card. Thes courses can be taken online and make earning CME credits easy and convenient. In addition, they offer the ability to earn 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and unlimited CME credits respectively.
Check out the listings below for more information on these Psychiatry CME courses.