Learn about the treatment of chronic pain and substance abuse with the BoardVitals Chronic Pain Management & Substance Abuse CME Activity.
• 100 Chronic Pain Management & Substance Abuse questions
• Detailed rationales and explanations for each answer
• Up to 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
• 12 months access
After completing the BoardVitals Chronic Pain Management & Substance Abuse CME Activity, you should be able to:
• Identify the most commonly abused substances
• Recognize the most common indicators and symptoms of substance abuse and pain medicine dependency
• Describe the underlying pathophysiology of disease and basic science knowledge
• Formulate treatment for chronic pain management and substance abuse
Care providers concerned about issues of chronic pain and substance abuse.
- Cost: $599
- Credit hours: 40
- CME credits awarded by: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Format: On-Demand Online
- Material last updated: Continuously Updated
Opioid Prescribing Practices is a two-part audio series examining the clinician’s role in combating an opioid epidemic that grips our country.
PART 1 is Managing Opioid Therapy in High-Risk Patients
PART 2 is The Opioid Epidemic
Upon completion of Opioid Prescribing Practices, you will be able to:
• Define the terms ‘pain’ and “chronic pain.”
• Provide examples of potential high-risk patients for opioid misuse.
• Describe how a health care provider might assess a patient’s chronic pain and measure the outcomes after initiating treatment.
• List at least five non-opioid drugs that may offer first-line therapy for non-cancer-related pain management.
• Summarize the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines that pertain to proper prescribing practice for pain medications.
• State whether the incidence of providers actually losing their license or having any legal action taken against them regarding opioid prescribing practices is large or small.
• Describe Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs and discuss their use in the prescribing of opioid medications.
Target Audience: Physicians focusing on Substance Abuse.
- Cost: $99
- Credit hours: 8.5
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Audio
- Material last updated: January 31, 2018
- Expiration of CME credit: January 31, 2021
Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices covers the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder and consists of a single lecture by Timothy Fong MD.
After participating in Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices , you will be able to:
• Describe the epidemiology of AUD and outline current and evolving diagnostic criteria
• Describe challenges to the successful identification of patients with AUD
• Identify the treatment modalities currently available for management of AUD and apply them to patient cases using evidence-based medicine
• Develop strategies for recognizing and improving therapeutic adherence in patients treated for AUD
Psychiatrists, primary care physicians, emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and those healthcare professionals who commonly treat patients suffering from or have a clinical interest in AUD.
- Cost: Free
- Credit hours: 1
- CME credits awarded by: ScientiaCME
- Format: On-Demand Online
- Material last updated: October 13, 2017
- Expiration of CME credit: October 13, 2019
- Substance Abuse CME
Substance Abuse CME
Learn about key Substance Abuse topics such as alcohol abuse, opioid addiction, addiction treatment, and more with this selection of comprehensive Substance Abuse CME courses. These Substance Abuse courses are also great resources for completing your CME requirements while simultaneously broadening your knowledge about substance abuse in the hopes of improving patient outcomes.