Substance Abuse CME
1 - 2 of 2 results
Learn about key Substance Abuse topics such as alcohol abuse, opioid addiction, addiction treatment, and more with this selection of comprehensive Substance Abuse CME courses. These Substance Abuse courses are also great resources for completing your CME requirements while simultaneously broadening your knowledge about substance abuse in the hopes of improving patient outcomes.
The BoardVitals Addiction Medicine CME Review offers clinicians 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and over 700 Addiction Medicine board review questions. The questions cover key topics including recognition, intervention, and treatment of addiction. This question bank will assist clinicians with Addiction Medicine certification and recertification.
The BoardVitals Addiction Medicine CME Review also features:
After completing this activity, you should be able to:
Target Audience: Care providers concerned about issues of chronic pain and substance abuse.See full details chevron_right
Opioid Prescribing Practices is a two-part audio series examining the clinician’s role in combating an opioid epidemic that grips our country.
PART 1 is Managing Opioid Therapy in High-Risk Patients
PART 2 is The Opioid Epidemic
Upon completion of Opioid Prescribing Practices, you will be able to:
• Define the terms ‘pain’ and “chronic pain.”
• Provide examples of potential high-risk patients for opioid misuse.
• Describe how a health care provider might assess a patient’s chronic pain and measure the outcomes after initiating treatment.
• List at least five non-opioid drugs that may offer first-line therapy for non-cancer-related pain management.
• Summarize the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines that pertain to proper prescribing practice for pain medications.
• State whether the incidence of providers actually losing their license or having any legal action taken against them regarding opioid prescribing practices is large or small.
• Describe Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs and discuss their use in the prescribing of opioid medications.
Target Audience: Physicians focusing on Substance Abuse.See full details chevron_right
Receive special offers, keep up with MOC requirements and stay informed of the latest offerings in free online CME in your specialty.