Child Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following statements is correct regarding the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
- AIt is not associated with Tourette’s syndrome and ADHD.
- BDosage of SSRIs in OCD may be up to 4x the normal dose of depression
- CSupportive therapy is superior to cognitive behavior therapy in treating OCD.
- DMost adult patients with OCD begin treatment in childhood.
Child Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 2
A 17-year-old girl is brought to the emergency department after being found unconscious on the floor of her dormitory. She has a potassium level of 2.2mmol/L (normal 2.5-5.0) and a sodium level of 120mmol/L (normal 135-148). Her body mass index (BMI) is 16 (normal 18.5-24.9). Her roommate, who has been friends with her for several years, reports that the patient had always been thin but had a dramatic weight loss over the prior 2 years. The patient frequently ate and would binge on junk food several times a day. Though she never admitted it, her friends had noticed several signs indicating the patient was self-inducing vomiting multiple times a day. She has not menstruated in over 1 year. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- ABulimia nervosa
- BAnorexia nervosa, restricting type
- CAnorexia nervosa, binge-eating/purging type
- DEating disorder not otherwise specified
- EImpulse control disorder
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Pass the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) Certification Exam in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP). Access 900+ Child Psychiatry board-style review questions, each accompanied by detailed explanations and rationales to help you pass the boards. Questions are targeted to the ABPN Certification Exam in CAP.
- 900+ Child Psychiatry Board Review Questions targeted to the ABPN CAP Board Exam Level
- Review practice questions from anywhere, anytime
- More physicians use BoardVitals for Psychiatry Board Exam prep than any other source
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“Excellent test preparation for Child Psychiatry Boards and MOC! Many relevant questions with thorough explanations. The interface allows you to customize a practice exam which mimics the real thing! Highly recommended. I plan to use BoardVitals for future re-certification in Adult and Child Psychiatry.”
Brian Rockower, MD