Child Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following statements is correct regarding the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
- AIt is not associated with Tourette’s syndrome and ADHD.
- BDosage of SSRIs in OCD may be up to 4x the normal dose of depression
- CSupportive therapy is superior to cognitive behavior therapy in treating OCD.
- DMost adult patients with OCD begin treatment in childhood.
Child Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 2
A 17-year-old girl is brought to the emergency department after being found unconscious on the floor of her dormitory. She has a potassium level of 2.2mmol/L (normal 2.5-5.0) and a sodium level of 120mmol/L (normal 135-148). Her body mass index (BMI) is 16 (normal 18.5-24.9). Her roommate, who has been friends with her for several years, reports that the patient had always been thin but had a dramatic weight loss over the prior 2 years. The patient frequently ate and would binge on junk food several times a day. Though she never admitted it, her friends had noticed several signs indicating the patient was self-inducing vomiting multiple times a day. She has not menstruated in over 1 year. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- ABulimia nervosa
- BAnorexia nervosa, restricting type
- CAnorexia nervosa, binge-eating/purging type
- DEating disorder not otherwise specified
- EImpulse control disorder
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Child Psychiatry CME Pro Plus offers more than 850 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Child Psychiatry board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Child Psychiatry topics including Anxiety Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, and Personality Disorders. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 50 ABPN SA Credits with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 50 ABPN SA Credits
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 850+ up-to-date Child Psychiatry board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Child Psychiatry board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“Excellent test preparation for Child Psychiatry Boards and MOC! Many relevant questions with thorough explanations. The interface allows you to customize a practice exam which mimics the real thing! Highly recommended. I plan to use BoardVitals for future re-certification in Adult and Child Psychiatry.”
Brian Rockower, MD