Addiction Medicine Board Review Question 1
A 50 year old man with a history of hypertension and tobacco use comes to clinic for follow up as he tries to stop smoking. He’d been started on varenicline 8 weeks ago, and has been calling 1 800 QUIT NOW for behavioral counseling. The patient is still suffering from nicotine cravings and continues to smoke. What is the best next step in management?
- AThe patient should continue with the same treatment
- BVarenicline should be discontinued, and bupropion started
- CVarenicline should be discontinued, and nicotine replacement therapy started.
- DVarenicline should be continued, the patient should continue to call 1 800 QUIT NOW, and nicotine replacement therapy should be added to his regimen.
Addiction Medicine Board Review Question 2
Which class of medications has demonstrated the greatest efficacy in the treatment of sexual addiction?
- AOpioid antagonists
- CTricyclic antidepressants
- EDopamine agonists
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Addiction Medicine CME Pro Plus offers more than 700 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Addiction Medicine board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Addiction Medicine topics including Pharmacology, Behavioral Interventions, and Prevention. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 700+ up-to-date Addiction Medicine board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Addiction Medicine board exams
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go.
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“When I studied for the exam, I went to an ASAM review course (weekend course) and did their bank of ~500 questions 2-3 times prior to finding out about BoardVitals. When I purchased BoardVitals, I was impressed with the questions and lengthy vignettes. I think the questions you have reflect more of what is seen on the actual exam. I actually tossed all my ASAM stuff and focused on your question bank. I did all the questions 2-3 times prior to the exam. ”
Golnaz Alemi, MD