Orthopedic Surgery MOC Sample Question 1
A 30-year-old right-hand-dominant man presents to the emergency room following a traumatic dislocation that was self-reduced during a mosh pit at a concert. Physical exam reveals an intact axillary nerve with intact neurovascular status distally. Prior to presenting to your office, he dislocates two more times. Select MRI slices are seen below. What is the next step in management?
- AShoulder immobilizer and serial radiographs
- BArthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- CArthroscopic Bankart repair
- DBiceps tenodesis
Orthopedic Surgery MOC Sample Question 2
A 27-year-old chef presents to the emergency room after sustaining a laceration while at work. On exam, she is unable to bend his index finger at the proximal or distal interphalangeal joints. Radiographic images are shown below. She is diagnosed with a zone 2 laceration of the flexor digitorum superficialis and profundus tendons to the index finger. Sheathed tendons, such as the flexor tendons of the hand, receive their blood supply from which of the following:
- ASynovial fluid
- DDirectly from the digital arteries
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Orthopedic Surgery CME Pro Plus offers more than 500+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you stay up-to-date on relevant Orthopedic Surgery topics including Sports Medicine, Basic Science, and Rehabilitation. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 54 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 54 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 500+ up-to-date Orthopedic Surgery board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“Your question bank has been so helpful for me. I can't thank you enough!
W. Cipriani, MD