Internal Medicine MOC Sample Question 1
A 30-year-old comes into the emergency department with a piece of steak stuck in his esophagus. He reports this has now happened twice. He reports he has recently been diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis. Which of the following regarding eosinophilic esophagitis (EOE) is true?
- AWe can determine which foods are causing EOE by skin prick testing.
- BWe can determine which foods are causing EOE by patch testing.
- COne must rule out reflux induced eosinophilia prior to diagnosis of EOE.
- DA minimum of 20 eosinophils/hpf is needed to diagnose EOE.
- EBesides diet elimination, there is no other treatment for EOE.
Internal Medicine MOC Sample Question 2
The gold standard in diagnosing a food allergy is:
- AHistory and skin testing
- BHistory and IgE bloodwork
- CSkin testing only
- DIgE bloodwork only
- EOral challenge
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Internal Medicine CME Pro Plus offers more than 1,200 peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your ABIM MOC board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Internal Medicine topics including General Medicine, Neurology, and Oncology. Also, get up to a free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card and earn 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 40 ABIM MOC points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Free $2,500 Amazon or Apple gift card with purchase
- 40 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 40 ABIM MOC Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 1,200+ up-to-date Internal Medicine board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Internal Medicine Board exams.
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go.
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
“I like your question bank a lot. I'm studying for my internal medicine boards and have been through MSKAP and was looking for a second wind. Your set is great!”