Internal Medicine MOC Sample Question 1
A 30-year-old comes into the emergency department with a piece of steak stuck in his esophagus. He reports this has now happened twice. He reports he has recently been diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis. Which of the following regarding eosinophilic esophagitis (EOE) is true?
- AWe can determine which foods are causing EOE by skin prick testing.
- BWe can determine which foods are causing EOE by patch testing.
- COne must rule out reflux induced eosinophilia prior to diagnosis of EOE.
- DA minimum of 20 eosinophils/hpf is needed to diagnose EOE.
- EBesides diet elimination, there is no other treatment for EOE.
Internal Medicine MOC Sample Question 2
The gold standard in diagnosing a food allergy is:
- AHistory and skin testing
- BHistory and IgE bloodwork
- CSkin testing only
- DIgE bloodwork only
- EOral challenge
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Over 900 Internal Medicine MOC targeted review questions. The BoardVitals Internal Medicine Question Bank offers questions that are directly relevant to the exam: multiple choice questions (mostly focused around patient scenarios) with a single best answer.
- Every question, answer, and explanation is categorized
- Percent correct by other internists on every question
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“I like your question bank a lot. I'm studying for my internal medicine boards and have been through MSKAP and was looking for a second wind. Your set is great!”