Pain Medicine Board Review Sample Question 1
A 25-year-old male shows up in the ED with complaints of nausea, vomiting, agitation, diarrhea, and muscle aches. He reports that 6 months ago his physician started him on oxycodone but he ran out of medication 2 days ago. Is this life-threatening, and what should you use to treat it?
- AThis is life threatening and he should be admitted to the intensive care unit for close monitoring.
- BThis is life threatening and he should be started on a morphine drip immediately.
- CThis is not life threatening and he should be started on a morphine drip immediately.
- DThis is not life threatening and treatment is supportive care including clonidine.
- EThis is not life threatening and he should be discharged for outpatient behavioral health evaluation.
Pain Medicine Board Review Sample Question 2
A patient presents with acute onset pain and weakness. You order an EMG to confirm. What do you expect the results to show? You order an MRI, one of the images is provided below. You identify pathology on this sagittal and axial MRI, which you feel is concordant with the patient’s location of pain and weakness.
- AChronic L4 radiculopathy
- BDiffuse peripheral neuropathy
- CAcute left L5 radiculopathy
- DAcute right S1 radiculopathy
- ERight lumbosacral plexopathy
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals offers more than 700 Pain Medicine Certification Review / Board Review questions. Each question includes an answer, detailed explanation, and learning tips (where appropriate). Questions are based on the ABPM and ABA pain medicine certification content outlines and are written by multiple MDs who completed the certification exams.
- 700+ board-style practice questions targeted to both the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Certification Exams
- Timed Mode (So you can simulate real exam conditions)
- Rated Questions that are continually reviewed and edited by Pain Medicine experts
- A dashboard to compare your scores to the national average and estimate your likelihood of passing
- 100% Pass Guarantee
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“This is a good question bank, the questions are reflective of the knowledge needed to pass the pain boards.”
George Chang Chien, MD