Pediatrics Shelf Exam Sample Question 1
A 2-month old breastfed male is evaluated for blood streaked stool. He was born at 38 weeks’ gestation and delivery was uncomplicated. He was discharged 30 hours after birth and has been gaining weight appropriately. Exam is unremarkable. You suspect allergic enterocolitis. Which of the following is true?Allergic enterocolitis is rare in breastfed babies.
- AIn most patients with allergic enterocolitis, radioallergosorbent tests are positive.
- BThe prevalence of cow’s milk protein induced enteropathy is increasing in developed countries.
- CSoy formulas should be recommended, as they are hypoallergenic.
- DCow’s milk protein allergy is the most common cause of chronic diarrhea in children 6 months to two years.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
1300 challenging Pediatric Shelf Board Review Questions targeted for use during clerkship rotations. BoardVitals is one of the most used resources for Pediatric specialty training and the content has been adapted for the Medical School Student Level. The questions are formatted as multiple choice questions (MCQ) and long-form questions. Each question includes an explanation.
- 1300 Pediatric Shelf Board Review Questions & Answers
- Ability to flag questions
- Individualized Content Recommendations
- More Pediatric Shelf practice questions than any other source
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“This Q-bank is awesome. When I used this bank for the first time, I said to myself 'oh wow' because I was missing little bits and pieces which I filled in with BoardVitals. These questions are hard but very similar to questions on NBME exams. I would strongly recommend BoardVitals for everyone who is studying for Step 1, 2, 3 and shelf exams. I used this bank for Step 1, and right now I'm using it for Step 2 and for my upcoming Internal Medicine shelf exam.
Nadia Badar, Medical Student