Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Board Review Sample Question 1
What is the most beneficial outcome due to staffing the ICU with 24 hours intensivist coverage?
- ADecrease in the ICU operating cost
- BReduced mortality of patients
- CReduced nursing utilization
- DDecreased burnout of the physicians
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Board Review Sample Question 2
A 64-year-old male with pre-existing hypertension underwent unilateral surgery to relieve carotid stenosis.He has non-significant medical history and works as a librarian. After the successfully completed surgery, he suffers from severe postoperative headache. This headache MOST likely results from:
- ACaffeine withdrawal
- BImpaired microcirculation
- CPropofol withdrawal syndrome
- DNeurogenic edema
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Pass the Pulmonary and Critical Care certification examinations with over 600 comprehensive pulmonary and critical care practice questions. Targeted to the ABIM Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam as well as the ABIM/ABEM Critical Care Medicine Certification Exam, this board review question bank will help you pass your boards.
- 600 Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine practice questions developed by top specialists dual certified in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Detailed rationales for every exam question including explanations for incorrect responses
- Customize your practice by category to target weaknesses
- 100% Pass Guarantee
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“BoardVitals provides one of the best ways to complete board prep in Critical Care Medicine. I am positively impressed by the quality of the questions and breadth of the knowledge being tested by BoardVitals. I wish I had access to a similar question bank in my past and I am very glad this is an option for prospective board takers.
Krzysztof Laudanski, MD, PhD, MA, Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania