Neurology MOC Sample Question 1
The most common yet treatable cause of embolic stroke in older patients is?
- AValvular heart disease
- BCongestive heart failure
- DAtrial fibrillation
- ECardiac arrest
Neurology MOC Sample Question 2
A young woman who was recently diagnosed with Wilson’s disease, an autosomal recessive condition, in which copper accumulates in the brain, liver, and cornea. She recently found that she is pregnant and would like to know whether during pregnancy she should be treated. You counsel the patient and suggest the following
- ATreatment is not recommended during pregnancy as risks of treatment by far outweigh the benefit, given that the disease has no impact on fetal health.
- BTreatment of Wilson’s disease is recommended during pregnancy, as untreated patients may develop fatal liver failure or hemolytic anemia, while the fetus may develop liver damage and copper accumulation. D-penicillamine is the treatment of choice.
- CTreatment of Wilson’s disease is recommended during pregnancy, as untreated patients may develop fatal liver failure or hemolytic anemia, while the fetus may develop liver damage and copper accumulation. Trientene is the treatment of choice.
- DAlthough treatment is generally not recommended during pregnancy, D-Penicillamine is harmless to the fetus and could be used safely.
- ETreatment of Wilson’s disease is recommended during pregnancy, as untreated patients may develop fatal liver failure or hemolytic anemia, while the fetus may develop liver damage and copper accumulation. Zinc acetate is the treatment of choice.
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
BoardVitals Neurology CME Pro Plus offers more than 1800+ peer-reviewed online case-style questions that will help you prepare for your Neurology board exams and stay up-to-date on relevant Neurology topics including Epilepsy and Episodic disorders, Neuromuscular diseases, and Movement disorders. Also, get up to a bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card and earn 100 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 100 ABPN SA Points with this bundle.
Key features include:
- Up to a Bonus $2,500 Amazon or Visa Prepaid Card with purchase
- 100 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- 100 ABPN SA Points
- Up to 24-month access
- Online Convenience: Computer, phone, and tablet access
- 1,800+ up-to-date Neurology board review questions with evidence rationales and detailed explanations that help prepare for Neurology board exams
- Content from medical experts including top faculty contributors and leading publishers, and over 500 specialists
- Complete your requirements quickly and easily on your own time, online, from your phone, tablet or laptop, and correct wrong answers as you go
“The BoardVitals neurology question bank questions challenge your clinical knowledge while providing detailed and clear explanations that add to your understanding of the pathophysiology of the neurosciences. This is a great way to beef up your knowledge for the boards and RITE exams!
Dr. L Schneider, Neurology Resident at The Johns Hopkins Hospital