Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 1
What is the neurobiological mechanism of mirtazapine?
- AAlpha2-adrenergic receptor antagonist
- BDopamine (D2) receptor antagonist
- CNorepinephrine reuptake inhibitor
- DHistamine (H1) receptor antagonist
- ESerotonin (5HT2) receptor agonist
Psychiatry Board Review Sample Question 2
Among the general population, which of the following disorders is most commonly comorbid in anorexia nervosa?
- ASomatic disorders
- BPersonality disorders
- CMajor depressive disorder
- DBipolar disorders
- EObsessive-compulsive disorder
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Get ready to pass the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology’s (ABPN) Psychiatry Initial Certification exam. Gain access to more than 1500 Psychiatry Board Review Questions with expansive explanations targeted to the ABPN psychiatry board exam and the PRITE® (in-service exam).
- Updated for DSM 5 changes per ABPN starting Jan 1, 2017
- Includes hundreds of Neurology questions
- Advanced statistics so users can gauge strengths and weaknesses, along with suggested questions
- View BoardVitals 2014 Pass Rates
- Optional Add-On: Psychiatry Video Vignettes
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“Wow! The questions on BoardVitals were just like the ones on my actual examination. As a busy resident, I couldn't have asked for a more convenient and affordable way to study. Thank you, BoardVitals!”
David Patton, MD, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow at Duke University