Intensive Update with Board Review in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Oakstone Board Review
Ace the Geriatric Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine Boards with this Intensive Update with Board Review in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine from Oakstone Publishing, LLC and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
The course covers the full range of geriatric subjects.
Parkinson’s & Movement Disorders, Prognostication of Chronic Disease, Falls, Hazards of Hospitalization, Frailty, Palliative Care in Neuro-Degenerative Disease, Geriatric Nephrology & Renal Palliative Care and scores of others.
After reviewing Intensive Update with Board Review in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, you will be better able to:
• Describe the latest evidence-based geriatric and palliative medicine
• Recognize the promises and pitfalls of new treatments for older adults
• Identify major geriatric syndromes and effectively manage these syndromes
• Identify psychosocial and ethical issues as they pertain to older adults and formulate a treatment approach
• Practice for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams
• Assess and guide medical interventions to improve a patient’s quality of life
Physicians who are taking the geriatric medicine and/or hospice and palliative medicine certification(s) or recertification in geriatric medicine. Additionally, this course is for those physicians and other healthcare professionals who want to update their clinical knowledge in geriatric and palliative medicine.
- Cost: $1,195 - $1,795
- Credit hours: 82.75
- CME credits awarded by: Oakstone Publishing, LLC.
- Format: On-Demand Online, Online Video, Online Audio, Audio CD
- Material last updated: November 30, 2016
- Expiration of CME credit: November 30, 2019
Developed by TMCI Global and the Society of Cannabis Clinicians (SCC), the Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum is the first comprehensive, online CME-certified curriculum designed to educate the practicing clinician on both the research and clinical practice aspects of the therapeutic use of cannabis.
While reviewing Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum, you will learn:
• The fundamentals of the Endocannabinoid System
• The use of cannabis in a clinical setting
• The delivery and dosage of medical cannabis
• Mental health and the psychiatric application of medical cannabis
Clinical Cannabinoid Medicine Curriculum includes a bonus module on Cannabinoid Chemistry authored by Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, a professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel and leading authority on Medical Cannabis science.
All healthcare practitioners; the curriculum was designed to educate the practicing clinician on both the research and clinical practice aspects of the therapeutic use of cannabis.
- Cost: $399
- Credit hours: 13
- CME credits awarded by: Postgraduate Institute of Medicine
- Format: On-Demand Online
An Introduction to the Practice of Palliative Medicine will help you to:
• Utilize therapies intended to reduce or relieve distressing symptoms;
• Communicate better, including using active listening and shared decision-making;
• Coordinate care with health and spiritual professionals;
• Manage and support patients and family members experiencing death and bereavement; and
• Apply important ethical principles to patient care.
Meets Special CME Requirements in California, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Rhode Island, and Texas.
Target Audience: Physicians focusing on Palliative Care
- Cost: $25 per credit
- Credit hours: 1
- CME credits awarded by: University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center
- Format: On-Demand Online
- End of Life Care CME
End of Life Care CME
This comprehensive list of End of Life and Palliative Care CME courses and board reviews are a great way to earn CME credits and boost your knowledge about key End of Life and Palliative Care topics including the hazards of hospitalization, prognostication of chronic diseases, and much more. These End of Life and Palliative Care CME activities will help physicians meet the American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements of 1 MOC activity every 2 years and 200 MOC points (40 which must be medical knowledge) every 10 years.