After viewing Osteoporosis Management: Advances in Pharmacotherapy, you will be able to:
• Apply the results of diagnostic imaging and pertinent past medical history to determine a given patient’s diagnosis of osteoporosis or osteopenia
• Describe the criteria for initiation of pharmacotherapy for osteoporosis treatment and prevention
• Identify investigational pharmacotherapeutic treatments for management of osteoporosis, and describe their mechanisms of action and likely place in therapy
• Describe the challenges associated with treating patients with osteoporosis, focus specifically on the risks (e.g., adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, etc.) of the agents used to treat and prevent osteoporosis and apply the information in optimizing patient care
Endocrinologists, geriatricians, internists; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists who specialize in those areas of medicine and those who otherwise commonly care for patients with osteoporosis.
- Cost: Free
- Credit hours: 1
- CME credits awarded by: ScientiaCME
- Format: On-Demand Online
- Material last updated: July 4, 2017
- Expiration of CME credit: July 4, 2019
- Free Geriatric Medicine CME
Free Geriatric Medicine CME
Free Geriatric Medicine CME courses are great options for physicians to quickly and easily meet their CME requirements. These free Geriatric Medicine CME courses will also help physicians broaden their knowledge about key Geriatric Medicine topics such as Osteoporosis Management, Osteoporosis Diagnosis, and more.