Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Inside Out
The Mid East Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging presents its 49th Annual Meeting. Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Inside Out features fifteen faculty members discussing a wide range of topics demonstrating the specialty’s impact on imaging, cardiology, oncology, neurology and much more. This activity will allow physicians and technologists to stay current with this constantly developing medical discipline. Worth up to 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, this activity meets CME requirements for Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging accreditation.
Credit Hours: 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Fulfills Nuclear Medicine/PET CME requirements. 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, including imaging, neuro, cardiac and oncology topics.
- Neuroendocrine tumor imaging
- Lu177 therapy
- new diagnostic tools and treatment
- role in assessing atherosclerosis and other vascular disorders
- Gastroesophageal scintigraphy
- USP 825
- SiPM based PET systems
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the basic concepts related to the potential applications of PET in detecting atherosclerosis, vasculitis and cardiac device infection.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of PET-MRI as a hybrid imaging modality
- Describe the current status of Lu-177 therapy in functional neuroendocrine tumors
- Discuss the new radiopharmaceuticals under investigation for detection and treatment of prostate cancer
- Describe selection criteria and technical considerations for radiopharmaceutical therapy of pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma
- Discuss the indications necessary for gastroesophageal scintigraphy (milk scan) and salivagram
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of nuclear medicine physicians, technologists, radiologists, neurologists, oncologists, cardiologists and other medical professionals who use radionuclides in the care of patients.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 8/20/19
CME Expiration: 8/19/22
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Meetings By Mail. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring material includes 9.5 hours PET/CT and 2.5 hours PET/MR. Several presentations concern multiple modalities. All credits for this enduring material are applicable toward Self Assessment CME requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC).