Cleveland Clinic Nephrology Update
Meetings By Mail presents Cleveland Clinic’s Nephrology Update. Every year emerging scientific data alters the understanding of the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management strategies for patients with kidney disease. An internationally renowned faculty presents the most recent information and expert perspectives on relevant nephrology topics, keeping physicians on the cutting edge of this specialty. Sessions on hypertension, obesity, acute kidney injury, glomerular disease and biopsy cases will best prepare practitioners for the challenges ahead.
Credit Hours: 17.25 AMA PRA Category I Credits™
Meet CME Requirements in Nephrology. No Post Test!
- Renal replacement therapy
- Hypertensive nephrosclerosis
- Loop diuretics
- Management of obesity
- Biopsy cases
- Precision medicine
- Electrolyte disturbances
- Glomerular disease
- Clinical and pathologic markers
- Diabetes, IgA nephropathy
Following this enduring material, the participants will be able to:
- Summarize data on strategies for the assessment and management of hypertension based on the most current published clinical practice guidelines.
- Integrate obesity prevention and treatment strategies into management protocols for overweight patients with kidney disease.
- Describe the management strategies for assessing and treating various glomerular diseases and addressing the associated side effects of therapy.
- Describe the pitfalls of dialytic therapies that can lead to serious hemodialysis line infections or peritoneal dialysis related complications that can lead to failure of those modalities of renal replacement therapy.
- Apply immunologic findings, pathology protocols, and data from kidney transplant registries to improve outcomes in kidney transplant patients
This activity is designed for nephrologists, cardiologists, intensive care specialists, internists and other practicing health care professionals who desire an update on pathogenesis and treatment of kidney diseases, hypertension, fluid and electrolyte disorders, acid-base disturbances, end stage renal failure, critical care nephrology, transplant and related conditions.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 7/15/18
CME Expiration: 7/14/20
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.