GRS9 Audio Companion – 9th Edition: The American Geriatrics Society and Oakstone Program
Cost: $695$591View Offer chevron_right
Topics covered by the GRS9 Audio Companion – 9th Edition include:
Assessment, Multimorbidity, Caregiving, Cultural Aspects of Care, Physical Activity, Pharmacotherapy, Perioperative Care, Palliative Care, Pain Management, Nursing Home Care and many others.
At the conclusion of the GRS9 Audio Companion – 9th Edition, you will be better able to:
• Describe the general principles of aging and the biomedical and psychosocial issues of aging
• Discuss legal and ethical issues related to geriatric medicine
• Evaluate the financing of health care for older persons
• Identify the basic principles of geriatric medicine, including assessment, geriatric pharmacotherapy, prevention, exercise, palliative care, rehabilitation, and sensory deficits
• Use state-of-the-art approaches to geriatric care while providing care in hospital, office-practice, nursing-home, and home-care settings
• Diagnose and manage geriatric syndromes, including dementia, delirium, urinary incontinence, malnutrition, osteoporosis, falls, pressure ulcers, sleep disorders, pain, dysphagia, and dizziness
• Apply relevant information from the fields of internal medicine, neurology, psychiatry, dermatology, and gynecology to the care of older patients
• Adjust patient care in the light of evidence-based data regarding the particular risks and needs of ethnic, racial, and sexual patient groups
• Use quality indicators to assess and improve the care of older adults in their own practices
Target Audience: Primary care providers who work with older adults.