Oakstone CME Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review
Cost: $895View Offer chevron_right
Continuing Medical Education: Advances in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
The 40+ hour-long lectures in Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review focus on the clinical management of disorders of the esophagus, stomach and small intestines, colon, liver, pancreas, and biliary tract. Keep pace with the latest developments in your field as you prepare for the ABIM subspecialty boards.
This online CME course will help you to discuss diagnostic and therapeutic interventions — diagnostic procedures, medical therapy, and procedural therapy — and treatment recommendations based on disorder characteristics and disease prognosis.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate between viral and bacterial gastroenteritis
- Explain the screening strategies for colorectal cancer and for other gastrointestinal cancers
- Recognize the therapeutic interventions for treating hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Distinguish between Barrett’s esophagus and gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Compare the signs and symptoms found in acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis
- Discuss the medical and surgical interventions for obesity
- Describe the gastrointestinal manifestations of COVID-19
- Explain the significance of the gut microbiome
- List the complications of a cholecystectomy
- Explain the complications of H. Pylori infection and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome in peptic ulcer disease
This educational activity was designed for gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, fellows in gastroenterology, internal medicine residents interested in gastroenterology and hepatology.