Cleveland Clinic Hospital Medicine
Cleveland Clinic Hospital Medicine features a comprehensive review of the most common and relevant conditions seen in the inpatient setting. A globally renowned faculty addresses the application of new evidence, interprets current guidelines and provides management strategies which can improve the quality of medical care. All physicians, nurses and physician assistants treating hospitalized patients will benefit from this thoughtful assessment of best practices in this critical area of medicine.
Worth 13.5 AMA PRA Category I Credits™. ANCC, AAPA, AAFP and IPCE accreditation also provided with NO POST TEST. Additionally, physicians can earn up to 13.5 ABIM MOC points for this activity.
Comprehensive review of the most relevant conditions seen in the inpatient setting. 13 AMA PRA Category I Credits™.
Rheumatology, infectious disease, renal medicine, cardiology, perioperative medicine, transfusions, psychiatry and much more.
1. Identify and manage rheumatologic manifestations in hospitalized patients.
2. Critically appraise approaches for managing infectious diseases for hospitalized patients, including fever of unknown origin (FUO), Clostridium difficile (C. diff) and long COVID.
3. Evaluate and manage inpatients with kidney disease, including acute kidney injury (AKI), anemia from chronic kidney disease and renal transplant patients.
4. Critically appraise best practices for managing cardiac issues for hospitalized patients, including DVT, PE, HFpEF, NSTEMI and noninvasive cardiac testing.
5. Provide an overview of various topics clinicians face, with updates regarding perioperative medicine, providing an order for medical consult, and approaches to plasma and platelet transfusion.
6. Describe management approaches to various psychological issues hospitalized patients face, including methods for effective management of difficult patients, prevention and management of hospital delirium and effective methods for management of alcohol withdrawal in hospitalized patients.
This activity is designed for hospital medicine physicians, internal medicine physicians, family practice physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, fellows, residents and other healthcare professionals interested in hospital-based medicine.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 11/1/23 CME Expiration: 10/31/25