Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices in the Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation (IBS-C)
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
This free online CME course highlights Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) including causes, diagnosis, best treatment, and more.
Topics covered in this course include:
- IBS Epidemiology: prevalence/incidence in North America/globally, by age/sex
- Clinical features and diagnostic criteria of IBS-C
- Treatment of IBS-C
- IBS-C Patient case(s)
After completing this course, you will better be able to:
- Describe what is known about the etiology of IBS-C and its impact on patient clinical presentation
- Identify symptoms of IBS-C, describe their role in the diagnosis of the disorder, and list* any applicable lab and/or imaging studies that play a role in IBS-C diagnosis
- Evaluate treatments plans for patients with IBS-C and suggest appropriate therapies, where applicable, based on individual presentations
- Describe present and emerging drug therapies for management of IBS-C and apply them to patient cases
- Describe clinical and logistical challenges associated with treating and educating patients with IBS-C
Target audience: Gastroenterologists and primary care physicians; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists who practice in gastroenterology; and any other healthcare professionals with an interest in or who clinically encounter patients with IBS-C.