Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing for Chronic Pain
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
After completing Safe and Effective Opioid Prescribing for Chronic Pain, you will be able to:
• Discuss the breadth and quality of evidence for the use of opioids for chronic pain, including current gaps in knowledge.
• Describe appropriate assessment, monitoring and documentation strategies to meet best practice standards and medico-legal requirements to support opioid prescribing.
• Apply appropriate communications strategies when initiating, managing, and, if necessary, terminating opioids for patients with chronic pain.
• Describe, screen for, and manage potential co-morbidities in chronic pain patients.
• Apply a practical framework for decision-making on the initiation, maintenance, and discontinuation of opioid analgesics for the treatment of chronic pain.
This program meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for 4 hours of risk management study and 4 hours of opioid education.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, and pharmacists