Pharmacology CE Board Review Sample Question 1
Which of the following describes the purpose of a nerve block for pain relief? (Select all that apply.)
- AFor short-term pain management after surgery
- BTo use as a type of anesthesia for a minor surgery
- CAs an amnestic during surgery so the patient will not remember the pain
- DTo allow more time for an area to heal
- EAs treatment for an ongoing painful condition
Pharmacology CE Board Review Sample Question 2
The nurse is administering cromolyn sodium (Intal) for a patient with asthma. Which of the following are true about this drug? (Select all that apply)
- AIt causes confusion
- BIt causes headache
- CIt causes diarrhea
- DIt prevents an attack
- EIt treats an acute attack
- FIt causes photosensitivity
- GIt does not cause wheezing
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Complete your ANCC Pharmacotherapeutics 25-contact hour requirement quickly and easily online with BoardVitals Pharmacology CME for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses. In this activity you’ll identify important pathophysiology concepts common to the care of patients using pharmaceuticals, learn the pharmacology of common medications, select the proper pharmacotherapeutics based on a clinical presentation, and incorporate evidence-based changes into practice. Earn 25 ANCC accredited contact hours for completion of this pharmacology CME activity.
- 300 Pharmacology CME related questions, cases, and explanations.
- Test your knowledge by answering questions and then review detailed rationales for every question. You may correct your answers as you go to receive credit.
- Meets the ANCC Pharmacotherapeutics requirement for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists.
- 24/7 access from any computer, tablet or smartphone
- Earn 25 ANCC accredited contact hours upon completion of the pharmacology CME activity.
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps tens of thousands of doctors prepare for board certification/recertification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by more than 400 leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“So far, this has been a fantastic educational tool! Thank you! ”
Ben Citrin, MD, MD