Penn Radiology Breast Imaging: State of the Art
Internationally renowned speakers from Penn Radiology and other notable institutions gather to present the best practices for today’s breast imager. Fundamentals will be reviewed, and hot topics examined including breast cancer screening, digital breast tomosynthesis and abbreviated MR. Presentations will focus on the incorporation of newer technologies into conventional protocols. Worth up to 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, this multi-modality review and update will meet the MQSA CME requirements for breast imagers. All credits count toward Self Assessment CME Requirements for ABR Maintenance of Certification.
Credit Hours: 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ fulfills MQSA CME Requirements!
- BI-RADs 5th Edition, breast ultrasound
- Digital tomosynthesis
- Biopsies, management of high risk lesions
- Breast density
- Breast cancer biology
- DCIS, post-op imaging
- Lymph nodes
- Problem solving
- Contrast enhanced digital mammography
- BI-RADs 3 lesions
- Abbreviated breast MR
- Male breast
- False negatives
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Explain the roles and potential benefits of digital breast tomosynthesis and synthetic 2D imaging in the screening and diagnosis of breast cancer and benign breast diseases
- Discuss the data on the use of breast MRI and ultrasound in the supplemental screening of high and intermediate risk women as well as women with dense breasts
- Discuss the emerging technologies of contrast enhanced digital mammography and abbreviated breast MRI
- Describe new breast ultrasound techniques and applications
- Explain the changes in the new BI-RADS 5th edition for breast imaging
This enduring material has been designed for practicing radiologists.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 6/5/18
CME Expiration: 6/4/21
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Education Group and Meetings By Mail. Global Education Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
11.75 hours Breast MRI, 11.25 hours Breast Ultrasound, 10.5 hours Digital Mammography and 4.75 hours Digital Breast Tomosynthesis. Several presentations concern multiple modalities. All credits for this enduring material are applicable toward Self Assessment CME requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC).