Penn Radiology Advanced Breast Imaging and Interventions
Experts from Penn Radiology and other revered institutions supply the latest information with Advanced Breast Imaging and Interventions. Fundamentals, techniques and advancements will be reviewed for all aspects of breast imaging. Controversies will be addressed and the latest technology will be examined for implementation into conventional protocols. With topics spread across mammography, breast MR, ultrasound and tomosynthesis, completion of this activity will allow well rounded breast imagers to meet their MQSA CME requirements.
Credit Hours: 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, which all count toward Self Assessment CME Requirements for ABR Maintenance of Certification.
16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ fulfills MQSA CME Requirements!
- breast cancer screening
- current tomosynthesis applications
- MR and Ultrasound interpretations
- multimodal interventional procedures
- core needle biopsy
- abbreviated MR
- cancer biology
- pre and post-operative imaging
- high risk lesions
- special populations
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Review methods to optimize mammographic screening (i.e. increase cancer detection while minimizing false positives)
- Explain the roles and potential benefits of digital breast tomosynthesis and synthetic 2D imaging in the screening and diagnosis of breast cancer and benign breast diseases
- Discuss the data on the use of whole breast ultrasound and abbreviated breast MRI in the supplemental screening of women at average risk with dense breasts
- Discuss the strategies for breast MRI interpretation
- Improve image-guided breast biopsy skills
- Apply the ACR appropriateness criteria for the management of gynecomastia, benign disease, and male breast cancer
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of practicing radiologists.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 6/15/20
CME Expiration: 6/14/23
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Education Group and Meetings By Mail. Global Education Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring material includes 14.5 hours Digital Mammography, 11.5 hours Breast Ultrasound, 11.5 hours Breast MR, 7.25 hours Tomosynthesis, 3.25 hours Biopsy and 1.5 hours Nuclear Medicine. Several presentations concern multiple modalities.
All credits for this enduring material are applicable toward Self Assessment CME requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC). This enduring material meets MQSA CME requirements.