Nursing CE Introduction to Pharmacology Course
Cost: $69View Offer chevron_right
After completing this online CE course, nurses will better be able to:
- Understand the concept of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics.
- Analyze the relevance of the four aspects of pharmacokinetics that include absorption distribution
metabolism and excretion.
- Discuss the various routes of administration and the related effect on the pharmacokinetics of a drug.
- Analyze the various chemical changes that take place in the body as a result of the pharmacodynamics of
- Discuss drug-drug and drug-food interactions and their relationship to the development of adverse effects and toxicity.
- Explore precipitating factors related to the occurrence of side and adverse effects.
- Analyze the etiology of hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, and which actions are taken to manage them.
- Differentiate between drug tolerance, cumulative effects of drugs, and drug toxicity.
- Review precautions that should be taken when giving a medication and contraindications that can make
administering a drug dangerous or detrimental to the patient.
Target Audience: Registered Nurses