NursingCE Infection Control Course
Cost: $69View Offer chevron_right
After completing the Nursing CE Infection Control Course, learners should be able to:
• Identify standard and transmission precautions.
• Differentiate among standard, contact, droplet, and airborne precautions.
• Identify standard precautions for blood and body fluids and body-substance isolation as specified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Explain the rationale for isolation precautions in hospitals.
• Identify where to find policies and procedures for exposure within an organization or agency.
• Identify implications related to isolation for the nurse and patient.
• Define and correctly pronounce terms specific to infection control.
• Explain latex sensitivity including implications related to occupational skin disorders.
• Explain the value of evidence-based research for infection control in the work setting.
Target Audience: Registered Nurses