NRCME and Online Training System
Cost: $99View Offer chevron_right
What’s NRCME Certification?
As of May 2014, a federal ruling requires that healthcare professionals performing physical exams on commercial motor vehicle drivers must have National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) certification. In order to receive certification, you must complete training and pass a federal certification test to meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) guidelines.
Why is This a Great Opportunity for You?
With an estimated 7 million to 14 million commercial drivers coupled with legislation requiring every state to track and electronically tie the medical exam to the Commercial Drivers License (CDL), the number of exams performed is expected to increase exponentially. Use this requirement to retain your position as a DOT examiner in your community or to expand your practice base as a certified DOT examiner.
What is the NRCME Plus Online Training System®?
NRCME Plus Online Training System® gives healthcare providers — MDs, DOs, DCs, NPs/APNs, and PAs — the knowledge to become a certified medical examiner and apply the FMCSA driver physical qualifications standards and guidelines. This training program is 100% online in a self-guided module format that is mobile device ready, does not require audio or flash, and is equipped with auto-save features to set your place if your training is interrupted.
Why Choose Oakstone CME’s Training Program?
NRCME Plus Online Training System® is the only NRCME training on the market that:
- Includes unlimited access to training and no expiration date or time period to complete your training
- Offers a Q&A deck with 550+ practice questions to help you assess your knowledge
- Offers an online resource library with valuable information to support and supplement your training and to provide a continuing reference throughout your service as a certified medical examiner
Additionally, NRCME Plus Online Training System® was developed by 1 of the 10 original consultants who convened in Washington, DC to develop the FMCSA guidelines. It’s also worth noting that 95% of those who complete our training pass the certification test the first time.
After successful completion of this CME activity, the participant will be able to:
- Apply the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) driver physical qualification regulations and advisory criteria to pass the FMCSA certification test for the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME)
- Apply the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) driver physical qualification regulations and advisory criteria when performing examinations for CMV drivers and determining medical certification
- Gain specific guidance and understand sources of information for questions on CMV examinations and requisite documentation necessary for such exams
Medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy, doctors of chiropractic, physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, and advanced practice nurses who are specifically interested in performing CMV driver physical exams and obtaining NRCME certification.