Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome (NRDS): Therapeutic Updates, Present Clinical Controversies, and Barriers to Care
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
This free online CME course covers Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) and will help physicians diagnose and treat patients suffering from this condition more effectively.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Neonatal anatomy and physiology: lung development and endogenous surfactant
- Effects of premature birth: pathophysiology and complications
- RDS patient cases
- RDS Clinical presentation, laboratory findings, and differential diagnosis
- Treatment options available for RSD
After completing this course, you will better be able to:
- List the differential diagnosis of common respiratory disorders of the neonate and distinguish between them given a patient case
- Describe the role pharmacologic agents, including pulmonary surfactants and inhaled nitric oxide, play in neonatal RDS treatment guidelines
- Describe the clinical effects of pharmacologic agents, including pulmonary surfactants and inhaled nitric oxide, on premature neonates
- Manage a neonatal patient case with RDS
Target Audience: Neonatologists; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists who clinically encounter neonatal patients with RSD.