NCLEX PN Sample Question 1
An adult is receiving chemotherapy for cancer. Metoclopramide (Reglan) is also prescribed. The client wonders why she is receiving the Reglan. What is the best way for the nurse to respond?
- A“Reglan will help to prevent bleeding that may occur as a side effect of your other medication.”
- BReglan helps to prevent any nausea and vomiting that may occur as a side effect of your other medication.”
- CReglan increases the effectiveness of the chemotherapeutic agents.
- DReglan helps to control the pain associated with your disease.
NCLEX PN Sample Question 2
The nurse is teaching a new nursing assistant how to correctly transfer a client who has right hemiplegia from the bed into a wheelchair. Which of the following observations indicates the nursing assistant understands how to correctly complete the transfer?
- AThe nursing assistant places the wheelchair parallel to the bed on the affected side
- BThe nursing assistant lifts the client up, asking the client to place her arms around her neck
- CThe nursing assistant places the wheelchair at a 45-degree angle to the bed on the client’s unaffected side
- DThe nursing assistant asks if a trapeze bar is available to use for the transfer
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Gain access to more than 900 NCLEX PN board review questions including answers and explanations targeted to the NCLEX-PN Exam. With a Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) platform and board-style questions written by nurses and nursing educators, users of this question bank can simulate conditions similar to the actual NCLEX exam.
- 900+ board-style review questions and explanations from the top nurses and nursing educators
- Create customized practice tests by category and in timed mode or review mode
- Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) platform that simulates the dynamics of the real NCLEX exam
- Alternate Item Format questions mimic the NCLEX exams
- Advanced statistics so students understand strengths and weaknesses, with additional suggested questions to improve performance
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“The best way to prepare for the NCLEX-PN is by practicing questions. BoardVitals provides up-to-date and constantly evolving question banks with explanations that help with content remediation. Having access to the question banks on the go is especially efficient. Customization of the bank format allows for a study approach that fits an individuals precise needs. ”
Brittany Kronick, Columbia University School of Nursing