Medical Marijuana Certification Course: Washington
The Medical Marijuana Certification Course will help Washington physicians make informed decisions regarding medicinal cannabis treatments for their patients. This activity provides an evidence based analysis of marijuana’s efficacy, risks and benefits in treating a wide range of state approved conditions. The science, safety and impact of medical marijuana will be explored, in order to enhance physician knowledge of this emerging healthcare resource.
Worth 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, this activity meets the CME requirements necessary for physicians to authorize the use of medical marijuana in the state of Washington.
Worth 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and meets the CME requirements necessary for physicians to authorize the use of medical marijuana in the state of Washington.
- safest practices
- indicas vs. sativas
- physical and cognitive safety issues
- impact on mental health
- risk management/mitigation
- edibles and the balance between medical marijuana and opioids
This objective, unbiased review will help you separate facts from myths regarding this emerging healthcare resource.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss the pharmacological science of cannabinoids, including the interplay of THC, cannabidiol, indicas and sativas.
- Describe the safety issues associated with marijuana use, including methods of administration and contraindications.
- Discuss the evidence basis behind medical marijuana’s efficacy to treat Washington’s approved debilitating conditions.
- Describe the risks and benefits of medical marijuana’s use in the treatment of patients.
- Discuss the physician requirements that must be met in order to recommend medical marijuana treatment in Washington.
This enduring material has been designed for healthcare professionals interested in medical marijuana’s potential utility as a patient treatment option.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 4/5/21
CME Expiration: 4/4/22
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the providership of Global Education Group. Global Education Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.