Critical Care Nursing Board Review Sample Question 1
A 56-year-old woman with chronic renal failure is status post a left carotid endarterectomy. She is admitted to the ICU with severe hypertension. The surgeon would like the systolic blood pressure <140mm Hg.fter 24 hours of treatment with nitroprusside, the patient develops confusion and metabolic acidosis. Her symptoms are best prevented/treated with administration of which one of the following agents?
- DSodium bicarbonate
Critical Care Nursing Board Review Sample Question 2
A 56-year-old man undergoes an urgent sigmoid colectomy and Hartmann’s prouch for perforated diverticulitis eight hours prior. Due to a history of coronary disease he is monitored using telemetry. The patient has the acute onset of tachycardia to 146 beats/minute and an ECG strip demonstrates p waves with three different morphologies. His respiratory rate is 34 breaths/minute, BP is 146/88mm Hg with a SaO2 of 94% on 40% O2 by FM. The most appropriate and effective therapy for this condition is:
- AFurosemide 40mg IVP and KVO IVF
- B100% oxygen via non-rebreather mask
- CBiPAP at 15/7cm H2O and FIO2 100%
- DIntubation and mechanical ventilation
Provide your email to see your results and get exclusive discounts on additional board review questions.
Critical Care Nursing Board Review Questions
Prepare for the CCRN exam by reviewing over 400 CCRN study guide questions. Each question includes an answer, rationale, and explanation for important concepts. Questions are written exclusively by experienced Critical Care Advance Practice Nurses who are active at the bedside and are modeled after the case structure found on the exam.
- Study over 400 CCRN questions and answers
- Answer questions in review or timed mode in simulated exam conditions
- Take structured cases that mirror the content and format of the exam
- Detailed dashboards to track your progress and identify strengths and weaknesses
- Available from any computer or smartphone – use anywhere!
- Optional: Earn up to 35 Contact Hours (3.5 CEUs)!
Developed by top faculty and practicing physicians, BoardVitals helps thousands of doctors prepare for board certification exams and complete their CME requirements. BoardVitals is trusted by leading medical institutions including Harvard, Yale, Mt. Sinai, and Duke.
“This is a great source of CCRN questions to prepare for the exam. Questions are challenging, but the rationales are great. Everything had references too! Thanks for a good qbank. ”
Anita Fetzick, UPMC