Cleveland Clinic Ultrasound Workshop: Diagnostic and Procedural Skills
The Cleveland Clinic Ultrasound Workshop focuses on developing foundational diagnostic and procedural skills that can be quickly applied to clinical practice. Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners across multiple specialties will benefit from lectures and demonstrations from more than twenty expert educators. This activity will provide a greater understanding of ultrasound as an imaging and interventional tool. As such, the lessons learned should have a direct impact on patient care. Worth 9.5 AMA PRA Category I Credits™, with ANCC and AAPA accreditation provided as well!
Cost: $275.00Add to cart
Ultrasound diagnostic and procedural skills primer for MDs, nurses and PA’s. 9.5 AMA PRA Category I Credits™
Basics of ultrasound and echocardiography, building a point of care ultrasound program, lung ultrasound, deep vein thrombosis, FAST, cardiac tamponade, critical care hemodynamic assessment, peripheral access, central venous access, paracentesis, thoracentesis, arthrocentesis and much more!
1. Summarize the basic science and diagnostic use of ultrasound imaging
2. Describe the components of successful point- of-care ultrasound programs
3. Summarize process for image acquisition, machine utilization, and IT configuration
4. Describe the protocols, evaluation, and best use of echocardiography in critically ill patients
5. Summarize the basics of using ultrasound to assess lungs
6. Describe the most effective diagnostic use of ultrasound to assess for deep vein thrombosis
7. Review the role of ultrasound in a focused assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST) exam to assess for free fluid in the abdomen or around the heart
8. Demonstrate the best use of ultrasound for paracentesis, thoracentesis, and arthrocentesis
This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners in emergency medicine, internal medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, cardiology, general surgery, pediatrics, pulmonology, anesthesiology and radiology.