Cleveland Clinic State of the Art Echocardiography
Cleveland Clinic’s State of the Art Echocardiography highlights practical issues in echocardiography, featuring insight and real world cardiovascular clinical practice cases from nearly 30 internationally renowned experts. This activity provides guidance for optimal utilization of echocardiography in managing valvular heart disease, heart failure, device therapies, cardiomyopathies and endocarditis. Special sessions will be dedicated to structural heart interventions, adult congenital cardiology, innovative technologies and multimodality imaging.
Credit Hours: 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
18 AMA PRA Category I Credits™ Meets Echo Lab CME Requirements for MDs and Sonographers! Accredited for 18 ABIM MOC points. No Post Test!
Structural heart disease, aortic stenosis, mitral regurgitation, management of device therapies for heart failure, endocarditis, congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy, strain imaging, TAVR, diastology, COVID and much more
Following this enduring material, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the most appropriate methods for imaging and quantifying complex valvular heart disease.
- Discuss basic and advanced imaging techniques to diagnose and manage aortic stenosis and heart valve disease.
- Address the role of echocardiography in diagnosing and managing endocarditis.
- Discuss the use and value of echocardiography in assessing diastolic function, stain imaging, and 3-D multiplanar reconstruction.
- Review the utility of echocardiography for optimizing therapy with cardiac implantable electronic devices.
- Improve confidence for taking the initial certification exam or one of the maintenance of certification assessment options for the general cardiology and echo board exams.
This activity is designed for cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, anesthesiologists, sonographers, internists, intensive care/critical care practitioners, and other healthcare professionals who desire an update on state of the art advancements in echocardiography.
Additional credit info
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16.75 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Your credit will be reported to the ABIM within 30 days of claiming credit.