Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: A Surgeon's Comprehensive Review
Reviewed by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
CME Credit Hours...Varies according to how many sections you complete
(maximum 33 hours).
Awarded by....Oakstone Publishing.
Cost...........Varies from $175 to $1895 according to how many sections
See this month's
special offers on Board Reviews and CME
Instruction Type...Slide-Video Lectures.
Formats...Video DVD or Online Streaming Video.
Target Audience...ORTHOPEDICS, SPORTS MEDICINE, EMERGENCY.
Educational material last updated....July 1, 2013.
Expiration of CME credit...July 1, 2016.
• A Core Program with 8 lectures focusing on the essentials of Sports Medicine, including sideline preparedness, bone science, ethics in orthopaedics, tendon and muscle response to injury, and more. The Core Program is intended to serve as a foundation for the entire series
• Additional lectures focusing on 6 subspecialties—shoulder, elbow, knee, hip/pelvis, foot/ankle and hand/wrist
• Surgical procedure videos of Andrews Center top surgeons
After participating in Orthopaedic Sports
Medicine, you should be able to:
• Review the current state-of-the-art in diagnosis and management of common Sports Medicine injuries and conditions
• Discuss clinical evaluation and management of the most frequently encountered diagnoses in sports medicine injuries
• Describe the different management options for sports medicine injuries and how they affect the outcomes related to return to activity
• Summarize key concepts required of being a team physician in the diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical aspects of sports medicine