Many nurse practitioners (NPs) were not able to attend a CME conference in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With more of the population starting to get vaccinated and coronavirus cases declining, many CME providers are planning to host nurse practitioner CME conferences in 2021 to give NPs a safe and unique learning experience to complete their nurse practitioner CE requirements.
Nurse practitioners often opt in to attending a CME conference because they provide networking opportunities, feature renowned speakers in their field, feature focused learning, and provide the opportunity to earn CME credits in a relaxing setting. With the abundance of conferences every year, it can be difficult narrowing it down to the conference that best fits your need. To make the search easier, we have identified the top nurse practitioner CME conferences to attend in 2021 to meet your career NP requirements.
Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education (NPACE)
Created by nurse practitioners 40 years ago, the Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education (NPACE) is a leading provider in non-biased pharmacology and primary care NP conferences.
Their conferences feature expert guest speakers providing invaluable insight within their fields and an open discussion afterwards, allowing NPs to learn more about emerging topics while networking and creating personal connections at the same time.
Below is a list of tentatively planned in-person conferences, but they are also hosting a virtual event on June 9-11.
- Sea Crest Beach Resort, Cape Cod, MA – June 14-19
- Westin Boston Copley Place, Boston, MA – July 11-14
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – August 29 – September 1
- Sea Crest Beach Resort, Cape Cod, MA – October 4-7
- Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix, AZ – November 8-11
2021 National Nurse Practitioner Symposium
The 2021 National Nurse Practitioner Symposium is set to take place at the Keystone Conference Center in Keystone, CO from July 8-11 with a Rocky Mountain Retreat for attendees from July 6-7.
This 4-day symposium will consist of over 100 sessions and workshops, offering over 40 CE hours for nurse practitioners. This symposium features clinical topics, innovative practice settings, research, professional development and other topics related to advanced practice nursing in primary care and acute care.
The keynote speaker for this year’s symposium, Dr. Susan B. Hassmiller, RN, PhD, FAAN, will discuss how nurse practitioners are helping to create health equity in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. She will also discuss the landmark 2020-2030 future of nursing report, expanded roles for NPs, as well as how how the nursing field can help ensure everyone has an opportunity for good health.
Some topics the conference will cover includes business practice, cardiology, genomics, gynecology, infectious disease, mental health, legislation, pharmacology, professional development, self-care, tech ology, trauma, vaccination, and much more.
The Rocky Mountain Retreat will be a day and a half and will teach you to:
- Discover the science of human well-being and apply it to YOUR life
- Gather motivation and set goals to make changes that serve YOU
- Use your core strengths in new ways
- Interrupt the patterns that add stress to your life
- Set boundaries and create your own personal policies
- Discover how to grow wise versus just growing old
Overall, this symposium is perfect for NPs looking to expand their NP medical knowledge, while earning CE and enjoying a retreat in the Rocky Mountains.
Skin, Bones, Hearts, & Private Parts
The Skin, Bones, Hearts, & Private Parts nurse practitioner conferences focus on unique and modern approaches to earning CE credits by creating an intimate and interactive setting for NPs. These conferences explore best practices and new research in:
- Cardiology & Emergency Medicine
- Women’s Health
Attendees will be able to listen to expert guest speakers share their knowledge in the medical field in beautiful and relaxing settings like Virginia Beach, VA, Las Vegas, NV, and Orlando, FL. These conferences are ideal for NPs who are looking for a vacation while simultaneously earning CME credits and expanding their relevant medical knowledge.
Additional benefits of attending these conferences include:
- Learn in interactive group settings
- Learn new skills and stay up-to-date with the latest NP studies and innovations
- Networking opportunities with NPs and medical industry peers from across the country
Below are a list of dates of upcoming conferences and locations from Skin, Bones, Hearts, & Private Parts:
- Destin, FL – June 8-11
- Myrtle Beach, SC – July 26-29
- Virginia Beach, VA – August 10-13
- Chicago, IL – August 31 – September 3
- Pensacola Beach, FL – September 14-17
- San Antonio, TX – October 5-8
- Orlando, FL – October 25-28
- Atlanta, GA – November 2-5
- Las Vegas, NV – November 16-19
NPs can earn up to 28.5 contact hours by attending any of these conferences.
Online Livestream Events
Nurse practitioners who still do not want to attend a live event but want to experience the benefits of a conference have many options to choose from in 2021.
The Mayo Clinic plans on hosting virtual events that will focus on the needs of advanced practice providers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and ARNPs and allow them to earn CME via online lectures, case presentations, and panel discussions.
Below we have highlighted the top Mayo Clinic virtual conferences for NPs to attend in 2021.
4th Annual Hematology/Oncology Challenges and Advances in Patient Care for NPs, PAs, and Nurses 2021 – LIVESTREAM
The 4th Annual Hematology/Oncology Challenges and Advances in Patient Care for NPs, PAs, and Nurse 2021 LiveStream will be held on 4/10 from 7am to 4pm and will cost $175. By attending, you can earn 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop a treatment plan for a patient with multiple presentations of acute leukemia
- Describe BMT and CART cell treatment and be able to recognize and manage complications of this type of therapy
- Recognize and discuss the different challenging cases in solid tumor malignancies
- Incorporate a multidisciplinary approach toward the treatment of each cancer patient
- Improve awareness of the indications for immunotherapy and formulate a treatment plan for these complications
13th Annual Hospital Medicine for NPs & PAs 2021 - LIVESTREAM
The 13th Annual Hospital Medicine for NPs and PAs 2021 Livestream will run from May 12-14, 2021 and will cost $400 for NPs to attend. By attending, you can earn 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify current evidence-based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, infectious disease, nephrology, gastroenterology, and hospital medicine
- Describe when and how to initiate appropriate and timely consultation with specialty services
- Describe and discuss practice updates for patients with heart failure to decrease in-hospital mortality, length of stay, and improve patient outcomes
- Describe and discuss how to effectively assess and treat patients carrying an oncologic diagnosis
- Identify new chemotherapy/immunotherapy regimens used in cancer care
- Identify the impact of ongoing coronavirus pandemic from a clinical, psychosocial, and administrative standpoint
- Describe treatment strategies for patients hospitalized with COVID-19